Clover Update Detected !

******** Clover Package STATS **********

*       local  revision at 3217        *

*       remote revision at 3218        *

*       Package Built   =  No          *

Getting SVN Source, Hang ten…

Checked edk2 SVN, 'No updates were found...'

Checked, Updates found...

Auto Updating Clover From 3217 to 3218 ...

Local file(s) needs update:

CloverPackage/package/po/clover.pot

CloverPackage/package/po/de.po

CloverPackage/package/po/en.po

CloverPackage/package/po/es.po

CloverPackage/package/po/fr.po

CloverPackage/package/po/hr.po

CloverPackage/package/po/id.po

CloverPackage/package/po/it.po

CloverPackage/package/po/ja.po

CloverPackage/package/po/ko.po

CloverPackage/package/po/lv.po

CloverPackage/package/po/nl.po

CloverPackage/package/po/pl.po

CloverPackage/package/po/pt-BR.po

CloverPackage/package/po/pt.po

CloverPackage/package/po/ru.po

CloverPackage/package/po/sv.po

CloverPackage/package/po/tr.po

CloverPackage/package/po/uk.po

CloverPackage/package/po/zh_CN.po

CloverPackage/package/po/zh_TW.po

Not updating local repository ! Press any key to continue…

Svn up Clover svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code ERROR!!

same here

same here

Sergeys-iMac:Clover slice$ svn up
Password: 
A    font/type2_Cochin_24pt_Cell_26x28.png
A    font/type2_Copperplate_24pt_Cell_23x25.png
A    font/type2_Athelas_24pt_Cell_25x27.png
A    font/type2_Candara_24pt_Cell_23x29_noAA.png
A    font/type2_Candara_24pt_Cell_23x29.png
Updated to revision 3220.
Sergeys-iMac:Clover slice$ 

• Like 1

Sergeys-iMac:Clover slice$ svn up
Password: 
A    font/type2_Cochin_24pt_Cell_26x28.png
A    font/type2_Copperplate_24pt_Cell_23x25.png
A    font/type2_Athelas_24pt_Cell_25x27.png
A    font/type2_Candara_24pt_Cell_23x29_noAA.png
A    font/type2_Candara_24pt_Cell_23x29.png
Updated to revision 3220.
Sergeys-iMac:Clover slice$ 

thanks, it works now

hi Slice,

Found kernel error with 10.11 as below.

/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c

CHAR16 *TempOptions = AddLoadOption(Entry->LoadOptions,
          AsciiStrnCmp(Entry->OSVersion, "10.10", 5) ?
            L"\"Kernel=/mach_kernel\"" :
            L"\"Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel\"");

If delete /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel & /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache,

and boot without caches, Clover can't find Kernel=/mach_kernel.

Here is the patch, work fine here with Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel (10.10 + 10.11).

main-kernel.diff.zip

FYI. :yes:

crazybirdy

I got this error

/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c: In function 'StartLoader':
/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c:771:10: error: 'OSVersion' undeclared (first use in this function)
     if ((OSVersion != NULL && AsciiOSVersionToUint64(OSVersion) < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.9")) || (gSettings.HDALayoutId > 0)) {
          ^
/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c:771:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make: *** [/users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/main.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 10:43:10, Jun.12 2015
Build total time: 00:01:41

Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.
mass-Mac-Pro:~ mas$

FYI : I did  svn up but still get the same problem

thanks

hi Slice,

Found kernel error with 10.11 as below.

/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c

CHAR16 *TempOptions = AddLoadOption(Entry->LoadOptions,
          AsciiStrnCmp(Entry->OSVersion, "10.10", 5) ?
            L"\"Kernel=/mach_kernel\"" :
            L"\"Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel\"");

If delete /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel & /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache,

and boot without caches, Clover can't find Kernel=/mach_kernel.

Here is the patch, work fine here with Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel (10.10 + 10.11).

attachicon.gifmain-kernel.diff.zip

FYI. :yes:

crazybirdy

Thank you for the note, I committed this with few formatting.

Test, please if this is OK.

I got this error

/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c: In function 'StartLoader':

/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c:771:10: error: 'OSVersion' undeclared (first use in this function)

if ((OSVersion != NULL && AsciiOSVersionToUint64(OSVersion) 0)) {

^

/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c:771:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

make: *** [/users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/main.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/mas/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Build end time: 10:43:10, Jun.12 2015

Build total time: 00:01:41

Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk

"disk3" unmounted.

"disk3" ejected.

mass-Mac-Pro:~ mas$

FYI : I did  svn up but still get the same problem

thanks

I see, not OK :(

Corrected in 3226

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With El Capitan only (both DP1 and 2), injecting a bin patch with clover for the frame buffer for an amd graphics card doesn't work. It works fine in previous versions of OS X though. I've attached my config.plist

In my case, the card is a Radeon R9 270. When I do a manual bin patch (modifying the kext) with the same code, it works fine in El Capitan which leads me to believe that this is a Clover issue. 

config.plist.zip

@Slice

Droplets reported to me a problem with animations from BGM overlapping the text.

Looking in to it I see it’s down to recent commits where you have been working to allow more text when wider fonts are used.

Previously, in r3230, menu.c set MenuWidth=50
This was used to calculate the width of the menu and ultimately, the x position drawn on screen.

post-331032-0-56654600-1435500076_thumb.jpg

r3231 changed MenuWidth to 80. This had the effect of widening the menu area, but also changed the x position so it now encroached on the static placement of the BGM animations.

post-331032-0-99052400-1435500086_thumb.jpg

I see you went on to make further commits to the way the menu width is set, but the problem with BGM animations still exists. My solution to this would be to set the menu width back to what it used to be:

rEFIt_UEFI/refit/lib.h - line #630
- #define LAYOUT_TEXT_WIDTH (800)
+ #define LAYOUT_TEXT_WIDTH (500)
and then allow the text to extend beyond the boundary of LAYOUT_TEXT_WIDTH 

rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c - line #1883
-    TextBuffer = egCreateImage(LAYOUT_TEXT_WIDTH, TextHeight, TRUE);
+    TextBuffer = egCreateImage(UGAWidth-XPos, TextHeight, TRUE);
post-331032-0-31998300-1435500103_thumb.jpg

The only downside of this method is when using wider fonts, the menu will not appear properly centred. But this is a small price to pay.

But they can't be?

The change I made passes egCreateImage the total screen width less the start position of the text. So text should be drawn all the way to the edge of the screen.

See my 'suggested fix' screenshot above.

EDIT: I can't do any more tests until this evening.

Clover3242.

ScreenResolution 1280x1024 (Maximum).
1.Theme Metal. Legacy and Uefi Clover.
Section menu About. I don't see a line Screen Output: Graphics Output (UEFI),1280x1024.
post-617057-0-39019800-1435584458_thumb.jpg
2.Theme BGM.
Legacy mode without nuances.
UefiMode.There is a problem in displaying a menu item Options.
post-617057-0-53126100-1435584523_thumb.jpg

Hi droplets.

1 - The line spacing in the font is too large, but this is down to the font design, not Clover. The line spacing in the font could be reduced but at risk of characters in the grid encroaching another's cell. One solution here would be to make the font file from a smaller size font.

2 - I too have seen this and it's an issue when changing themes from within the GUI; the animations from the old theme remain and the new animation is not loaded. I bet if you booted directly with BGM then it would be fine. I was going to try to find the exact cause and come up with a fix but I've just not had time. I remember Pene did some work before on clearing things out when switching themes, but that conversation was on ProjectOSX.

2 - I too have seen this and it's an issue when changing themes from within the GUI; the animations from the old theme remain and the new animation is not loaded. I bet if you booted directly with BGM then it would be fine. I was going to try to find the exact cause and come up with a fix but I've just not had time. I remember Pene did some work before on clearing things out when switching themes, but that conversation was on ProjectOSX.

The issue:

The Options menu animation does not get updated with a new animation if changing themes from within the GUI to another with an options menu animation. All other animations are correctly changed, just not the options menu animation.

Steps to see the problem:

1. Load Clover GUI with Shield theme which uses Options Menu animation (ID 4).

2. Go Options->Theme and type theme name BGM to change theme, followed by return.

3. Escape back to main menu and theme changes to BGM theme.

4. Navigate to Options Menu and Options Menu animation (ID 4) from Shield can be seen.

If at step 2 I type a theme name which does not have an Options Menu (ID 4) animation,  load that new theme and go to options menu again, there’s no issue. Repeating this step now with either BGM or Shield, the going to options menu shows the correct animation.

I’ve looked in to this problem and see the routines to clear out old theme files and load new ones are in the Code already from when Pene worked on it, but I can’t yet figure out how to fix it as the options menu is setup differently to all the options->submenus. I did discover that commenting out the following line does not stop the options menu from running so is this needed?

rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c - line #3844

OptionMenu.AnimeRun = GetAnime(&OptionMenu); //FALSE;

Maybe Slice or another dev can look in to this if they have a spare hour?

• Like 2

It was old problem named "animations are wrong after change theme" and pene resolve it in two commits.

But now we see those patches are not enough. Some more bugs remain here.

OK, will deep into the problem.

As far as I remember there are not released pointers and released pointers that must be remain.

Initial problem comes from rEFIt programming style that I followed to simplify my life...

Commits 3030 and 3032

• Like 1

Never saw this thread before, but since I have a bug report I'll just re-report it here.

Theme=embedded + Timeout=0 == autoboot breaks (default entry highlighted but I need to press enter to boot)

TextOnly=True + Timeout=0 == same

Theme=embedded + Timeout=5 == WORKS

Theme=iClover + Timeout=0 == WORKS

Hi Dr Hurt.

Your issue is down to the following line of code in rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c - line #3171
   GlobalConfig.Timeout = -1;
This line is actioned if the embedded theme is set to be used, chosen either by the user or by Clover if no themes exist. And you will probably know, a timeout setting of -1 instructs Clover to not autoboot any default volume.

Commenting this line out results in the expected action when used with a timeout value of 0; autoboot.

The only question I have is why is that line in the code? is there something I’ve not taken in to account before suggesting it’s commented out?

• Like 2

Hi Dr Hurt.

Your issue is down to the following line of code in rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c - line #3171
   GlobalConfig.Timeout = -1;
This line is actioned if the embedded theme is set to be used, chosen either by the user or by Clover if no themes exist. And you will probably know, a timeout setting of -1 instructs Clover to not autoboot any default volume.

Commenting this line out results in the expected action when used with a timeout value of 0; autoboot.

The only question I have is why is that line in the code? is there something I’ve not taken in to account before suggesting it’s commented out?

Really strange. I don't remember why this line appears. May be the was a problem when switching themes or may be there was overdraft.

Test please on several situation, if all OK then comment out this line. You have access to do this.