how to install yosemite on AMD?

mrjayviper

6 posts in this topic

I cannot find a comprehensive guide on how to create a USB installer and how to install OS X on an AMD-based system?

I have some knowledge of what to do since I've rolled my own installers on Mavericks but I'm not sure which kexts are needed and what boot loaders are required (I've seen discussion on a forked chameleon by ermac which I believe would work on AMD).

I've tried using pandora to create the USB installer but unsure which configuration is for AMD-based system (see screenshot)?

Thanks very much! :)

post-1276315-0-80481200-1431408017_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well here just get Bronya RC6/7 Kernel and manually make I USB drive with the "Basesytem DMG" method and make a folder named "Kernels" (without the quotes) in /System/Library and rename your kernel to "kernel" (without the quotes) and put it in you kernel folder and install chameleon and voila.

Well here just get Bronya RC6/7 Kernel and manually make I USB drive with the "Basesytem DMG" method and make a folder named "Kernels" (without the quotes) in /System/Library and rename your kernel to "kernel" (without the quotes) and put it in you kernel folder and install chameleon and voila.

no kexts needed? I know I have to include several kexts (e.g. fakesmc and etc) with Mavericks. 

No fakesmc for Bronya's kernel because its already embedded in the kernel. but you will need any audio kexts ect. to make the other hardware work.

• Like 1

No fakesmc for Bronya's kernel because its already embedded in the kernel. but you will need any audio kexts ect. to make the other hardware work.

are you saying you didn't use any other kexts (example: nullpowermanagement/etc) to make it work? it just booted straight away? thanks again! :)