fix for JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 boot hang + GMA grahpics issue + Pro apps

JaS

149 posts in this topic

What language keyboard layout are you trying to use?

You do know that OSX comes with an assortment of different keyboard layouts. Go to System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu

rfl, when trying to go to File->New From Current Input Source on Ukelele the app crash..

The current version of Ukelele is 2.1.10. But they also have for download an older version 1.8.4. Maybe it will work on your computer without crashing.

Are you using the Portuguese keyboard that came with OSX? In the menu bar at the top of the screen should be a flag, It will be Portuguese if you are using that keyboard, Click the flag and select "Show Keyboard Viewer". Press the key to the left of the shift bar and see what characters show up on the keyboard. Now press the key to the left of that and see the characters. When I do that, I get the image below.

arroba2.png

1. Show Keyboard Viewer - in the picture below, scroll down until you find Keyboard Viewer and check it,

2. X11 is the old windowing environment for Unix. It added windows and a GUI to Unix. You do not want that.

PantherInternationalPanel.gif

3. Look, in the Input Menu above, select the Portuguese keyboard. Then go to the menu bar at the top of the screen, select the flag icon and select the Portuguese keyboard. Open a document in TextEdit. Press the key to the left of the Space bar along with the 2. Then press the key 2nd left of the Space bar and the 2. One of those two key sequences should produce your arroba just like it did in my picture in posting 135 above.

Once you set the keyboard in the menu bar at the top of the screen, it should stay that way. I set mine to Portuguese and rebooted and it came up as Portugeuse. If yours doesn't, I don't know how to help.

I don't know. There could all sorts of reasons for them to crash. Probably, the programmers aren't doing a good job of programming for 10.5 anymore. After a crash, go to the Utilities folder and open Console and read the log messages for some clue as to why they might be crashing.

ok, thanks. regarding Xcode i only manage to get working the 2.5 version but i need the Command Line Tools for Xcode, the thing is there is no support for Mac OS X 10.5.8, there is anyway to install gcc without using Xcode?

regarding Xcode i only manage to get working the 2.5 version but i need the Command Line Tools for Xcode

So install them. When you are going through the installer and you get to the panel with the "Install" button, on the left is the "Customize" buttton. Click that and select the command line tools to be installed.

rlf, i think on Xcode 2.5 there is no option for customise button and the command line tools listed on apple developer center where only avaliable on February 2012 and require Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later.. i found this http://blog.strug.de/2011/09/homebrew-without-xcode-save-15-gb/ but the versions listed here https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer/downloads require Mac OS X 10.6.x or 10.7..

do you have any solution?

ill try Xcode 3.1.4..

Xcode 2.0 has gcc in its package but it won't let me get as far as the customize because I have to be running 10.4. Xcode 3.0 has the Customize window and a "Unix Development Support".

customize.jpggccjm.jpg

rlf, i installed Xcode 3.1.4 and everything went fine, there was no need of the screenshots but thanks anyway =)

btw, do you know if it's possible to change color theme on Xcode? also, do you use codeblocks or something like that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...