Out of option rom space?

davidm71

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H that I have installed Ozmosis 1479 onto and updated all the roms including VGA, Lan, Intel RST, Marvell Sata to the latest versions. So i multiboot into windows 7 64 and noticed that my second gpu which is a gt740 card (primary is a 770GTX) does not inititialize as the device manager error says out of resources though Windows 8 doesn't complain maybe due to the UEFI standards being different? Anyhow I confirmed this by flashing back to the stock un-modded bios on my gigabyte backup bios and the 2nd gpu initializes with out error. In anycase my Win 7 drive is ntfs with a efi partition present so thats still efi boot I think or do I need to convert it all the way to GPT? Anyone in the know know about how to tell how much space these rom modules are taking? Anyway to cut down the space by deleting or shortening texts from the rom? There must be a CRC check if thats done. Anyone know how to correct any errors I may get by shortening any strings in the driver files? Every byte counts!

Thanks