GTX 970 Yosemite Incompatibility Error

Griffith

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene, but I just successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.3 onto my computer! I followed an OS X Yosemite/Clover Guide, which is on a site that shall not be mentioned here, in order to install Yosemite onto my MSI z97 Gaming 5 motherboard with an i5-4690K Intel Processor. (I didn't know about this website when I undertook this project)

Everything went relatively smoothly, but I am having a ton of trouble getting my MSI GTX 970 up and running. First of all, when I physically install the video card and try to boot into Yosemite, the computer just restarts and goes back to the Clover boot screen.

This was solved by entering the boot flag nv_disable=1 into the boot options menu. Now I can boot into OS X Yosemite, but the frame-rate/refresh rate of the screen is horrendous. So, I downloaded the most recent, official Nvidia Web Drivers while booted into Yosemite, but I get the following error after opening the driver install package: 

"This computer is not compatible with the NVIDIA Web Driver." 

So, I am currently at a loss for what to do, as I have searched relentlessly for someone who has had the same issue and has done the Clover/Yosemite install, but no luck yet. Does anybody have any ideas on what I could do to get the 970 working? Thank you for reading and any advice is appreciated!

EDIT:

Here is some more information, if it helps:

I am currently booted into Yosemite with Clover using the following boot options (in order to get to the desktop with my GTX 970 physically installed, I have to use the boot flag nv_disable=1): 

http://i.imgur.com/C4rkMQd.jpg

I am now wondering if there is a problem with my config.plist which could be preventing the drivers from properly detecting my system's specifications. I would attach my config.plist to this reply, in case anyone would like to have a look at it, but I am a new user and cannot upload .plist files yet. 

My OS X Yosemite Version is 10.10.3 (14D136). If I have to, I am willing to install an earlier version of Yosemite that is compatible with both the GTX 970 and the NVIDIA Mac OS X drivers. However, because my system is already setup, I would not know how to go about doing that. 

In summary, the problem is that the NVIDIA Drivers won't install because it somehow detects that my system is incompatible.

:) Hi Griffith!

Days ago I had problems installing OSX 10.10.3
I have a video card GTX670 and after doing the update
the screen went black.
After searching a lot on the internet, I found the solution:
AppleGraphicsPower.kext!

Make the boot with the arguments: nv_disable = 1

Install the AppleGraphicsPower.kext with any installer kext

Repair permissions

Maybe need Set the web driver disable on nvidia control panel 

That's it !!!

Here the file:

AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene, but I just successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.3 onto my computer! I followed an OS X Yosemite/Clover Guide, which is on a site that shall not be mentioned here, in order to install Yosemite onto my MSI z97 Gaming 5 motherboard with an i5-4690K Intel Processor. (I didn't know about this website when I undertook this project)

Everything went relatively smoothly, but I am having a ton of trouble getting my MSI GTX 970 up and running. First of all, when I physically install the video card and try to boot into Yosemite, the computer just restarts and goes back to the Clover boot screen.

This was solved by entering the boot flag nv_disable=1 into the boot options menu. Now I can boot into OS X Yosemite, but the frame-rate/refresh rate of the screen is horrendous. So, I downloaded the most recent, official Nvidia Web Drivers while booted into Yosemite, but I get the following error after opening the driver install package: 

"This computer is not compatible with the NVIDIA Web Driver." 

So, I am currently at a loss for what to do, as I have searched relentlessly for someone who has had the same issue and has done the Clover/Yosemite install, but no luck yet. Does anybody have any ideas on what I could do to get the 970 working? Thank you for reading and any advice is appreciated!

EDIT:

Here is some more information, if it helps:

I am currently booted into Yosemite with Clover using the following boot options (in order to get to the desktop with my GTX 970 physically installed, I have to use the boot flag nv_disable=1): 

http://i.imgur.com/C4rkMQd.jpg

I am now wondering if there is a problem with my config.plist which could be preventing the drivers from properly detecting my system's specifications. I would attach my config.plist to this reply, in case anyone would like to have a look at it, but I am a new user and cannot upload .plist files yet. 

My OS X Yosemite Version is 10.10.3 (14D136). If I have to, I am willing to install an earlier version of Yosemite that is compatible with both the GTX 970 and the NVIDIA Mac OS X drivers. However, because my system is already setup, I would not know how to go about doing that. 

In summary, the problem is that the NVIDIA Drivers won't install because it somehow detects that my system is incompatible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjdJKhlWDWk

Thanks for the replies, guys. Unfortunately, even with the guides and fixes you both mentioned, I was unable to install the NVIDIA web drivers. So, I wound up doing a clean install of Yosemite while following Pavo's Yosemite install guide. After getting everything set up, I was able to download and install the NVIDIA web drivers. Hooray!

However, I still can't boot into Yosemite unless I use the bootflag nv_disable=1. Without that bootflag and with the bootflag nvda_drv=1, the apple logo and loading bar will appear, but the loading bar fills about half-way before freezing. I gave it a good 15 minutes or so, but the system just won't boot unless I disable the video card. I guess that's a totally different problem though, so I'll be doing my research to figure it out. 

I am having the exact same issue and I am frustrated to try every single method to make it work. :(

My thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305914-all-problems-with-gtx-970-and-yoseite/

Please let me know if you get the solution.

I have the solution!!! I found out that it was the vga cable that was causing issues. If you successfully installed the web drivers, have been using a vga cable instead of an HDMI cable, and still can't boot into Yosemite with nvda_drv=1, then try using an HDMI cable and then try to boot.

This fixed every single problem I was having with the video card. Let me know if this wound up working for you!