R7 250 1GB DDR5 10.10.3 Help

iulianh

8 posts in this topic

I just bought this graphic card and found some kexts on this forum, everything works fine but it freezes randomly in 2-10 min or when I open an app that uses a lot of gpu power.

Can you guys help me out with a kext that works on 10.10.3?

Device ID: 0x6610

Device Link: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R72501GD5/specifications/

Looking forward for your replies!

Thanks

I recorded a little video to show you exactly what is happening, you can see it at:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=84BC81DEC2B8494D!6238&authkey=!AMOQ7JtPIc3TC34&ithint=video%2cmp4

I reinstalled osx and edited myself AMD7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext and added my device id, as you can see everything works fine until I use any program that uses gpu power.

I am runing out of ideas on what to do.

Looking foward for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I recorded a little video to show you exactly what is happening, you can see it at:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=84BC81DEC2B8494D!6238&authkey=!AMOQ7JtPIc3TC34&ithint=video%2cmp4

I reinstalled osx and edited myself AMD7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext and added my device id, as you can see everything works fine until I use any program that uses gpu power.

I am runing out of ideas on what to do.

Looking foward for your help!

I created a kext that is confirmed by other members to be working (maybe you downloaded that one), but I also experienced this problem and therefor swathed to a natively supported gtx 650. They ship for the same price so I would definitely consider that.

I created a kext that is confirmed by other members to be working (maybe you downloaded that one), but I also experienced this problem and therefor swathed to a natively supported gtx 650. They ship for the same price so I would definitely consider that.

Please, stop propaganda for Nvidia in ATI threads.

• Like 1

How am I propaganding for nvidia over ati. There just are some threads talking about the r7 250 which just doesnt work at his best in osx. Just not possible. Then I give them an alternative that works perfectly for me. Yes, that's a nvidia card, but I wouldn't care if it was an ati. I'm just trying to help.

The 250 is Oland XT chip and is not fully supported in OS X, you would need the 250X card. 

How am I propaganding for nvidia over ati. There just are some threads talking about the r7 250 which just doesnt work at his best in osx. Just not possible. Then I give them an alternative that works perfectly for me. Yes, that's a nvidia card, but I wouldn't care if it was an ati. I'm just trying to help.

For your both attention:

This is Oland card

Working R7 240 in Mavericks    

• Like 1