Clover Issues - Triple Boot (Windows 10/Ubuntu/Yosemite)

4 posts in this topic

Long story short: Windows 10 and Ubuntu have been successfully installed on an all-GPT SSD. Windows boots fine (Windows Boot Manager) and so does Ubuntu (GRUB). GRUB also boots Windows fine.

The issue is with Yosemite, which was successfully installed and works rather well, but it can only boot from my Clover USB drive.

I can see all of the Clover files on the SSD's EFI partition, but it never actually works, nor is "clover" detected by the BIOS as a boot choice (just Windows Boot Manager and two different Ubuntu options, which both load GRUB).

Here's an image of Clover when being booted from a USB drive. Everything is detected and works as expected. So the issue is just getting Clover to boot from the SSD.

2Ltyg4L.jpg

• Like 1

You need to give Clover first priority in your UEFI BIOS. 

Have a look at post#11.

You can also try setting the UEFI BIOS priority in Windows using the EasyUEFI tool.

Good Luck!

EasyUEFI did the trick! Just had to point it to Clover's 64-bit EFI file and bam, there it was.

Since I didn't mention the hardware, this build is using a Core i3-4330, MSI H81M-P33 motherboard, 240GB Patriot Blaze SSD and the GT 740 video card (MSI's 1GB GDDR5 variant).

Here's what I made Clover look like

2F3FKMX.png

The second/last Windows icon, I just couldn't get hide no matter what I tried. Here's what that looks like when I press space:

IT88eFM.png

Then here are the other three options when space is pressed:

i1V57A1.png

0xYAcgW.png

MD0quZO.png

I'm not bothered about the last one, so I'd call this build 100% complete and compatible. Windows 10 obviously works perfectly, and everything works in Ubuntu without looking for any additional drivers.

Actually, sleep doesn't work, but I'll let that one slide :).

• 4 weeks later...