Help aspire one d150-1587 iatkos s3 v2 (snow leopard 10.6.3)

Best Answer t3ch_guru, 24 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

I have also tried a usb linksys ae1000 dongle i got it to show up under usb system profiler by changing device id but it doesnt work with airport utility i have ralink wireless utility version 2.0.0.0 and it doesnt detect it either i installed the driver and app using iatkos s3 v2 customize menu i also have a wireless netgear wnda3100 usb dongle that doesnt show up either Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

t3ch_guru

t3ch_guru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have successfully installed iatkos s3 v2 snow leopard 10.6.3 everything seems to work but wifi the internal card is an acer invilink I just need a kext or if I upgrade using combo update to 10.6.8 im not sure if it will be supported or if something else may break because version 10.6.3 works great other than no wifi

t3ch_guru

t3ch_guru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well ive also noticed that the camera doesnt work either which isnt a big deal and it will not come out of sleep mode but i just changed the settings where it will never sleep but my main concern is getting wifi to work i have noticed in system profiler it shows it as an acer invilink but on the bottom of the unit it says atheros ar5bxb63 and a google search shows bad news for this wireless card any suggestions

t3ch_guru

t3ch_guru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Best Answer

I have also tried a usb linksys ae1000 dongle i got it to show up under usb system profiler by changing device id but it doesnt work with airport utility i have ralink wireless utility version 2.0.0.0 and it doesnt detect it either i installed the driver and app using iatkos s3 v2 customize menu i also have a wireless netgear wnda3100 usb dongle that doesnt show up either

t3ch_guru

t3ch_guru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have also tried a usb linksys ae1000 dongle i got it to show up under usb system profiler by changing device id but it doesnt work with airport utility i have ralink wireless utility version 2.0.0.0 and it doesnt detect it either i installed the driver and app using iatkos s3 v2 customize menu i also have a wireless netgear wnda3100 usb dongle that doesnt show up either

I updated to 10.6.8 using combo update and changed the device id to another number i got off of another forum and reset the permissions using kext utility and restarted and it worked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy