Help with HP Z600

Matte82

21 posts in this topic

Hello. Maybe someone here can help. I'm trying to get my Z600 working completely. I'm having to use AHCIPortInjector kext to get OSX to see my Hard drive. But it breaks my USB. So I have to boot into safe mode which causes my graphics to not work correctly. So I'm hoping editing my DSDT would be beneficial. But I have gotten no where trying to do it myself. Heck I'm having trouble adding repositories to MaciASL, let alone actually editing it lol.

But if I can get USB to work and OSX boot without safemode I would greatlly appreciate it.

Also anything to optimize the CPU's would be nice. I using this for a DAW and more power is always better. ;) but if I could get rid of NullCPU, I would be even that much closer to vanilla install.

I'm going to attach my current DSDT and a copy of my IOReg. I have been using a SMBios saying it is a Mac Pro 5.1. Which is probably what it's closest to. If I need to not use that to extract the DSDT or IOReg please let me know and I will do.

Thanks.

DSDT and IOReg.zip

Oh Sorry.

It's a Dual CPU model with 2 x5650 cpus. 12 GB (6x2GB) of Ram. Intel 5520 chipset. Nvidia GeForce 9500GT video card. Not sure what the SATA controller is. Using Chameleon 2.3. OSX 10.9.5. What else would you like to know?

And thanks in advance for looking at it. :)

Can anyone help me? I've finally loaded my softare and now Pro Tools doesn't see my USB interface. It shows up sometime in system profiler and other times it doesn't. Even when it does it's not shown under Audio Midi set up. I think this is still due to the AHCIPortInjector kext and having to boot in safe mode. I keep trying to fix my DSDT, but it gives me compilation errors. :-/

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you looking to get Yosemite running on HP Z600 for DAW reasons.

Hopefully we can work together on solving the problems.

So far I have only managed to get the installer to work using safe mode.

Once installed I can only get Yosemite to boot using safe mode.

I am currently working on getting it to boot normally and/or install normally without the need for safe mode.

Issue is seeming to be related to seeing USB and/or seeing HDD.

I will post again once I have more but currently I am trying to troubleshoot the key differences between safe mode and non safe mode as I suspect it may be due to bad kext(s) that need removing/replacing.

Disclosure: I am using Hackintosh Zone but plan to go Yosemite vanilla in the end.

It's just been a while since I Hackintosh'd (Snow Leopard)

;o)

Fwiw I have it working, but am still trying to patch my DSDT. What I ended up doing was deleting the appleHPET.kext. Not sure it's an ideal fix. But I don't have to use safe mode any more. And everything seems to work fine. Every once in a while the audio goes staticky on my interface. Changing the buffer size has always fixed it so far. Overall it's a beast. Like on pro tools CPU monitor it shows 20% on my biggest sessions. But there's only a couple of cores that high. Most are around 2%. So I think it's got a lot more headroom. I'm considering "upgrading" to Yosemite via a clean install. Let me know how it goes. I really think I could have used it instead. I just found a guide for Mavericks and already had the installer so I went with it.

Here's my (not so) condensed version of what it takes to get one of these running.

Prepare USB installer with boatloader of your choice.

Put your hard drive in an external USB enclosure.

Boot up with flags, -v -x PCIRootUID=0 (depending on graphics card) GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I think that will get you to the installer. I may have had to use the NPCI=0x2000, but don't think so.

Format and install OS X to your hard drive.

Every time it reboots use the same boot flags as before.

Once you get it installed and to the desktop.

delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUserUpstreamClient.kext, and AppleHPET.kext from S/L/E. Not sure the first two have to go, or even what they do, but read it in a guide. I do know I had to delete the HPET kext before I could use USB without safe mode.

Install fakeSMC, NullCPUPower, and AHCIPortinjector, kexts with kext installer of your choice. Rebuilt caches and repair permissions.

Install bootloader of your choice. I am still using graphics enabler. But I think that's it as far as boot flags. I'll have to double check.

If all has gone well. Put the HDD back in, hook it up to the first port, and see what happens. :)

I'm tempted to try again with clover and see what happens. I have some extra hard drives. So one day I may put in one and try it out. But for now chameleon is working just fine. :)

I've also been eyeing sata 3 pcie cards. Haven't decided which one. But I miss my ssd speed my MacBook Pro. I found one with a mount for an ssd and 3 more ports. Plus found some 2.5" hard drive mounts that go in your PCI slots. Which I'll never use. With those I could have separate hard drives for each OS. Then utilize the two main bays for my 2TB and 3TB recording drives.

Oh and I also ordered a USB 3.0 pcie card. It should be here tomorrow. From what I've read it should work oob. Sure hope so. And hope it doesn't cause any clashes with the current hardware. I'll let you know. It's the inatek 4 port for PC. They had a Mac one, but it drew all its power from the PCI slot. The PC one has a sata connector. I just prefer the idea of "external" power.

Anyway let me know how Yosemite works. And feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

• Like 2

cheers for the long reply

I am just playing about fo the last time with this hackintosh zone yosemite and chameleon bootloader combo

Seems you can just pass

-v -f to get the hdd yosemite to boot up.

I'm thinking I will just do it all manually tomorrow from vanilla yosemite.

Thanks for all the info in the post above

Will post again once i get further.

Just got the Inatech USB 3.0 card installed. It seems to be working as expected. No driver or anything. Just plugged it into power via the y adapter with sata ends. Just transferred a 7.5GB  session from my internal to my external drive. Took about a minute. I'll download Blackmagic's Speedtest and get some numbers.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've been following your posts while building my Z600's and Thank you very much for the help. I now have them up and going for everything other than the audio. what are you using for the Audio Driver? I know this unit uses an ALC262 chipset for the audio, but have not found a good kext for that. Any help would be appreciated. I'd rather not use the voodoo driver if possible, but if needed I will. Thanks for your help :)

Michael

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Dell Precision T5500

Unchecked all DSDT fix options, added AHCIPortinjector to 10.11 kext folder, booted with -v only
Installer boots just fine, installs fine on SATA 0 drive (NOT external USB)
But I can not boot installed EC from internal HD (via same USB stick with same options) - no matter if I delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext and AppleHPET.kext from S/L/E

Just before loading GUI it just dies & reboots in spontaneous way (without being able to see what is happening)

Anybody any ideas why installer works, but installed not?

• 4 months later...

It's funny How this thread is now hijacked for the Dell T5500. 

Did you try this dsdt patch sebus?  There is a patch text file in the zip.  I never had any problems with the internal SATA after applying it.  I'm running on an older bios A12.  I'm running 10.10.5 completely vanilla with FakeSMC only.  However the Quartz extreme keeps crashing the system.  Runs fine with nv_disable=1.

I have tried Matte82's instructions however NullCPUPower doesn't seem to work with 10.10.5.  Tried placing it in the kext\10.10 folder in clover and in the S\L\E.  Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere.

The patch does all of that except add HPET irqs 0,8.  They must be added.
 My system won't boot without them.  Looks something like this:

Device (HPET)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103") /* HPET System Timer */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
            {
                Name (HBAB, ResourceTemplate ()
                {
                    IRQNoFlags ()
                        {0}
                    IRQNoFlags ()
                        {8}

I've always wondered how this works.  It seems like... Ok we'll just remove things from here and add things to here.  Does the boot loader discern between the differences of the patched dsdt and unpatched and adjust for the differences?  Perhaps something entirely different is going on.

The patch is supposedly for the T7500.

the irqs patch is mandatory, all hacks need. Avoid conflicts in sata, usb, firewire, etc, etc

i'm using it now, hack iMac15,1 

Name (CRS0, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {2}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {8}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {11}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {12}
                        Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                            0x00000400,         // Address Length
                            )
                    })

Check hpet in Real Macs(iMac15,1)

01.png

2,8,0b,0c

0b=11

0c=12

0,8 work for all, but in some cases u need more

Clover use 0,8,11

Notebooks use 0,8,11,15

10 years +, many tests, many people, hard work ;)

Just tried Matte82's instructions on my T5500 using clover 4035 and mac OS 10.12.2.  The difference being I have installed to the disk booting my edited DSDT.  When booting using Mattes82's kext setup i do not have your boot problem Sebus.  As far as I can tell Matte82's instructions work just as well as the above mentioned DSDT patches AND edits.  I'll try to get a hold of el capitan and see what's up.  My machine freezes at the end of the second boot screen.  Interestingly Sierra is much faster than Yosemite running with nv_disable=1.

I think we need to get our own thread.  Nice explanation MaLd0n.

EDIT: I think I figured out your Problem Sebus.  If your using clover,  Try the Kernel and Kext Patch "ASUS AICPUPM"  My machine won't boot without it.  I'll have to look into what that does exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. Sorry I didn't check back sooner. Glad to have helped some people out though. FWIW this hackintosh is long gone. I actually put it back to windows and sold it to my brother in law. So I won't be much help going forward. However I am about to try on a new machine. A Dell Precision Tower 5810. Should be fun, and aggravating, and hopefully quite powerful when done. With a good amount of "futureproofness". It has support for thunderbolt, and can run V3 and V4 E5 Xeons. Anyway I'm about to start a thread for it, if anyone wants to follow along.