Snow Leopard on Mid-2012 MacBook Pro

CC_333

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have managed to get this working, albeit without sound, proper graphics acceleration, or power management (likely due to the lack of graphics support, at least partially), with a Snow Leopard mach_kernel patched for the Ivy Bridge architecture. Now I'd like to see about getting the graphics and sound drivers from a Mountain Lion installation working so I can get acceleration and listen to stuff.

Apparently, putting an ML mach)kernel (and matching boot.efi, I discovered) can theoretically allow it to boot as well as the patched SL mach_kernel, but I suspect that, if properly done, it can allow kexts from ML to work on SL.

So, I've tried blindly copying all system libraries, kexts and frameworks, and I can *almost* get it to go somewhere, but it just get's totally confused and reboots (not surprising, since I'm trying to create the equivalent of a monster here :) ).

Anyway, anybody have some ideas as to how I could accomplish this?

I realize that I could simply run SL in a virtual machine on a properly supported OS, such as Mavericks, but I want to see simply if it can be done, and, if so, how.

c