HDD not detected in Disk Utility, AHCI enabled

Rickets

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I am facing a big problem. I managed to install Niresh Yosemite OS X 10.10.1 on my USB drive with TransMac. I want to have a dual boot with Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Yosemite. I already have Win7 installed. Ok. When I try to boot from USB it works, Darwin shows up DETECTING MY HDD... I select Yosemite Zone to boot, it boots, I choose the language, but the big problem comes now.

When I go to Disk Utility it doesn't detect my HDD... Only the USB stick and the DVD-RW. And I checked my BIOS setting and they are good :

AHCI - enabled

HPET? I don't have that

Executive Disable Bit - enabled

USB Legacy - enabled

VT technology - enabled

If UEFI available turn it off & Enable legacy Boot - I don't see that

My specs:

8GB RAM 1333mhz DDR3 dual channel

Nvidia GTX 560 SE

Intel core i3 2120

Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V

500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue KX HDD

Please note that I have a thing named Marvel ATA *something*, and when I go to it, it has something named GSATA controller and it lists my HDD and says IDE, and i have the option to choose RAID and AHCI

Regards,

Rickets

like you can see, the device id pci8086,1c02 of your  SATA Controller   is native in AppleAHCI.kext, the problem can be the configuration in your bios in the Sata Controller, like you have SATA AHCI Controller and  SATA IDE Controller- try set your Controller to SATA AHCI, if you try to Install, format your HD with a boot cd Linux GPARTED in hfs+ or in FAT32 , because the installer MAC OS X not see HD in NTFS, then try again.

<key>Intel6SeriesAHCI</key>

<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>6 Series Chipset</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI</string>
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci8086,1c02</string>
<string>pci8086,1c03</string>
</array>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>2000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>Vendor Name</key>
<string>Intel</string>
  • Like 1

Please note that I have a thing named Marvel ATA *something*, and when I go to it, it has something named GSATA controller and it lists my HDD and says IDE, and i have the option to choose RAID and AHCI

@microsoftFTW

Is this the problem?

LE: THIS WAS THE PROBLEM!!! NOW IT WORKS, IT DETECTS ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN THE NTFS ONES! TY SO MUCH GUYS.