[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Austere.J

49 posts in this topic

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

I think I got it.  Set the Bios DVM to 64Meg, even though Windows states 160Meg

It's a almost perfect build. Just some of the little extras like keyboard function keys , keyboard light and battery meter a little odd and crazy.  I would say this car checks out fine. :thumbsup_anim:            

• Like 1

I don't know why you need to hard work making IHD5500 full QE/CI Support :D

I used Asus A455LF-WX016D and work perfectly. Just enter bios and set DVMT to 64MB and it works.
Sleep, Restart, shutdown, full QE/CI just MIC PROBLEM with Conexant CX20752.

I know i am lucky because there is option to change DVMT at my BIOS  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

• Like 1

I don't know why you need to hard work making IHD5500 full QE/CI Support :D

I used Asus A455LF-WX016D and work perfectly. Just enter bios and set DVMT to 64MB and it works.

Sleep, Restart, shutdown, full QE/CI just MIC PROBLEM with Conexant CX20752.

I know i am lucky because there is option to change DVMT at my BIOS  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Can you explain how?

What should i explain?? I just make USB installer El Capitan with CreateInstallMedia method, use latest clover, set DVMT at BIOS = 64MB. Then boot.

Oh i almost forgot, i set ig-platform-id = 0x16260006.

Working :
- Full QE/CI

- HDMI Out
- Audio HDMI

- VGA Output but not correct resolution

- Sleep, restart, shutdown

- Good Power Management

You can see this screenshots

post-1311960-0-43688200-1450046358_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-39955300-1450046370_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-52588600-1450046379_thumb.png

• Like 1

What should i explain?? I just make USB installer El Capitan with CreateInstallMedia method, use latest clover, set DVMT at BIOS = 64MB. Then boot.

Working :

- Full QE/CI

- HDMI Out

- Audio HDMI

- Good Power Management

You can pass the guide used?It has intel hd 5500?

Working :

- Full QE/CI

- HDMI Out

- Audio HDMI

- Good Power Management

how did you set DVMT at BIOS = 64MB?

It's literally in the first post...

i have hp ac158nl i have the possibility to change dvmt to 64mb in my bios, i have i3 5005u  and 5500hd

i have succesfully installed osx and clover i have edit the id grafics in clver configurator and set it: 0x16160001 but it doesnt se graphic 

can you help me ? the bad thing is that i can change dvmt  to 64mb but i havent graphic  :wallbash:

i have hp ac158nl i have the possibility to change dvmt to 64mb in my bios, i have i3 5005u  and 5500hd

i have succesfully installed osx and clover i have edit the id grafics in clver configurator and set it: 0x16160001 but it doesnt se graphic 

can you help me ? the bad thing is that i can change dvmt  to 64mb but i havent graphic  :wallbash:

Try 0x16160006.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,  I am back again.  I have actually succeeded in a Hackintosh on a Asus 303 LNB model.  For this model, I have managed to work on it till almost everything is working, multi-tap, brightness controls, audio controls and I have even managed to DSDT an error free DSDT with battery patch with MACIASL.

I am trying to help someone with an almost exact model.  Asus 303L.  In fact, what I can conclude from the specs , it is the exact same machine, same graphics, same Nvidia chip.  Except that it comes with a small 32GB internal flash and a normal 750 GB HDD instead of SSD.

The bootable USB booted up fine,  no errors, no hiccups and I can proceed with everything that I am all too familiar with, since I have re-done my own Hackintosh a gazillion number of times while I am trying to get all the kexts and features in place.

Everything worked without a glitch.  However, the system hanged with the attached error.

To make matters much more amazing.  I can use the thumb drive as the bootable boot loader to boot up the HDD Mac OS and it will work fine.  Say for instance, if I were to install Wi-Fi , it will work as long as I use the thumb drive as the bootloader to select the laptop's HDD.

But If I use the clover on its own, it will hang.  And the best part of it all, is that to determine what could be the cause.  I only added FakeSMC.kext which is a mandatory kext and restarted to check if it will boot.  Nope.. It hangs.  With just one FakeSMC.kext

And to top it off , if I simply wait it out, as it would only load like one quarter of the apple logo and hangs there, the whole laptop, actually goes to sleep .   :shock:   But I am not able to actually wake it up anyways.  How is that even possible when the Mac OS is not even half loaded.

I cannot even boot in safe mode, cpus=1 and I tried quite a handful of flags, but nope.  

I can pop in the thumb drive and it will load perfectly fine.

What I cannot understand is that how can a laptop, load a thumb drive without issues, but yet fails to load on its own?

A few additional things to note is that, the laptop does not seem be successful in loading the HD 5500 hex config 16160002 even though I have checked to ensure that it is correct.

But the laptop is HD5500.  I can bet my last dollar on it.   Any ideas on this error as attached?

Thanks in advance.

Attach file as it seemed to have failed to attach in the previous post

post-678532-0-31625400-1451998856_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Special one,

Thanks for the reply.  SLE stands for?  == 

I did some guess searching, and I am guessing that you are implying that instead of throwing it directly into Clover = EFI, I will put them into System => Library => Extensions for the system to pick them up later only after the whole system has booted up.

Hmmm... Ok, is there actually any explanation for there to be a difference by doing SLE?  Since if a Mac is not compatible with a piece of kext somehow, it should crash as well even if I am to put it in SLE.

Its a pity, I don't have the opportunity to try anymore.  The guy's laptop died the very next day and he sent it in for warranty repairs.  Guess he will be sticking to Windows for quite a while.  

But it will be good to know for the future.

Side track a little .  I get like 4 hours out of this hackintosh that I built.  Not that I timed it, I have managed to get a working battery notification at the top right which tracks the number of hours left.  I can control the brightness and so I won't waste the battery.

I find it a little warm when I use it.  Feels exactly the same if I am using it in Windows with high performance settings.  Any power management kext that is recommended that can actually control the Intel i 5500 CPU?  Because in Windows, I can get 8 hours or more out of it.

Thanks in advance again..~

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

Just to update.  Finalised build.  I used the 6.0.1330 FakeSMC Kext dated 22 January 2014 7:53 am

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/files/ 

After which, simply let the Mac go to sleep once.  Then wake it up and it will never hang or crash anymore.  Runs a lot cooler as well.  A notebook cooler is still highly recommended.  

As for Internal Wi-Fi for this model Asus 303LN .  It is a work in progress  here.

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM

This model looks like a good one to Hackintosh.  Some forums say El-Captain will solve the random crash and freeze for good.  Well.... time for a break before the El-Captain experiment.   :D

post-678532-0-18189900-1461479214_thumb.jpg

post-678532-0-78326600-1461479233_thumb.png

LOL  8 hours.. Bamm ..  I got this... :lol:

I guess the solution is to install all the kext first and leave clover last.  After rebooting, check if you have installed everything like sound and Wi-Fi.  

Install Clover last and reboot.

After which, whatever that, you only insert those kexts that are not loaded or working, into the clover EFI and not the entire chunk of kexts that you need. 

post-678532-0-38918600-1462084686_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...