Yosemite on VMWare Workstation Freezes (sorta)

1 post in this topic

So my Yosemite Freezes, but the music still plays in iTunes, but I can't do anything, even cmd, opt esc won't bring up force quit.  Yet the iTunes is still playing music, it just doesn't respond to any input, I even tried using the Remote app on my iPhone to access the iTunes to see it it would respond, but no, and it plays for like a hour like this, (same track)... The only fix is to restart the vm.

I have a hackintosh that I dual boot, I like to use OS X in a VM when I am booted into windows 7.   Like everyone else, had Mavericks in a VM working great, yada yada....

So I create a Yosemite VM in Fusion, copy it to windows, run it under VMWare Workstation with Unlocker,  It works good enough for what I want to be able to do under windows, one of the things I use it for is to run iTunes, my iTunes library is mac based, all the music is outside the VM, just the library files on the VM

This freezup happens around once a day, but I was stupid and upgraded to iCloud Drive and now I have to have Yosemite to run the versions of Numbers and other iCloud stuff that only run on Yosemite.... so I gotta get this to work nice.Random freezeups are a bummer. 

I have given the VM 4GB and 2 processor cores... I got 16G of ram.. I could give more.

UPDATE: So i bumped it up to 4 cores and 6GB of ram and freezes are gone. (so far)

Edited by greyy