Mavericks VGA Fix

Dakdot

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I recently downgraded to Mavericks from Yosemite (because I missed Mavericks. Soon, I'll miss Yosemite and upgrade. It's my cycle) and connected my monitors. One is a ViewSonic VA1930wm (connected via DVI, no problems) and the other is a Dell SP1908FP (connected via VGA, mucho problemas). As the ViewSonic works fine, the Dell does not. Rather, it displays a glitched, I don't even know what to call it, mirror, as far as I can tell, version of what the ViewSonic displays fine (I'll try to upload a picture of it). It suspect it's a driver issue because I tested it with the ViewSonic monitor, and a different cable, but the same thing occurred. OS X does not detect this as a display. I am currently using the integrated graphics (with MultiMonitor turned on), which are an Intel HD 4600 and an AMD Radeon HD 6570 (VGA doesn't work on it :(). The remaining ports are a DisplayPort or a HDMI port (neither of the monitor have those, and I have no DisplayPort cable). Maybe an adapter will work? Anyway, thanks.  :)

Edit: I've noticed that upon waking up from sleep, the monitor doesn't turn on at all.

post-1394710-0-34176500-1429227285_thumb.jpg