Gateway GT4024 computer

MSI 7428r motherboard

http://www.ascendtec...at4001071r.aspx

(BOARD SPECS)

2 gb ram

NVIDIA pci e card 8600GT

Altheros wifi

PS2 keyboard  USB wireless mouse

First issue I am trying to solve is the audio.

VoodooHDA could get some sound - but it was nasty crackling etc..

this is my id  1002(ATI):437b(Alza ACL861)

I found this.

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/2964-alc861-working-kexts/

Tried to use Kext Wizard to install them (3 kexts in the zip) I removed the VOODOOHDA manually and I can boot, but no sound

It is only showing 1 of the 3 kexts installed (contoller card) sound and IOfamily does not install.

Also ViaATA did get the HD found and working.. but it shows up as a SATA bus.. is this an issue?

THe 8600GT seems to be in fine, how do I know if I get accelleration etc.. QC or whatever?

Safari crashes freq, saying the FLASH plugin crashed.. ?

Thanks

James

I use Kext Utility instead, as it clears the caches and refreshes them and such. Try that. As for the sound, do you know the codec? InsanelyDeepak made an audio solution package.

https://insanelydeepak.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/complete-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-hda-codec/

https://insanelydeepak.wordpress.com/2015/03/13/high-definition-audio-codec-installer-hackintosh/

what is a good tool to add.. remove.. update kexts permissions etc.. with iatkos sl3 v2.. which is what I installed.

There was nothing that contained HDA in the extensions dir when the system was up and running.

James

Im guessing there are just not that many people still on here playing with old hardware.

I have tried to get this posted on the iatkos forum as well, but there I have to get a post approved before it will be put up.. and it would seem nothing in the SL forum get approved.

This is from the dmesg log. This is the area that concerns the audio

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleAzaliaAudioCodecGeneric"

ideas?

First issue I am trying to solve is the audio.

VoodooHDA could get some sound - but it was nasty crackling etc..

as you have a pentium dual core, you can try booting with the flag cpus=1.

if your audio problem is gone with this flag, then install a VoodooTSCsync.kext compatible with SL. and reboot without the flag.

i'm pretty sure your issue is a TSC (time stamp counter, you can google it if you don't know what is this beast :)) issue.

as you have a pentium dual core, you can try booting with the flag cpus=1.

if your audio problem is gone with this flag, then install a VoodooTSCsync.kext compatible with SL. and reboot without the flag.

i'm pretty sure your issue is a TSC (time stamp counter, you can google it if you don't know what is this beast :)) issue.

Well i can try this, but every hackintosh I have found with an ALC861 needs specific drivers, no Voodoo was able to work.

Actually come to think of it, I think I had that 1 cpus flag set for the install. Worth a shot I guess..

James 

update - Voodoo does not work with this ALC861 period.. no adjustment or changes helped.

Still hoping to get some help on the audio on this. I am sure its a matter of getting the above kext package properly installed. Also this missing library kext.

Is there a way to test the video driver if its supporting hardware accel?

Any tinkerers like me out there??

James

update - maybe I will just go to USB audio.. plug and play and I can get one to work for $10.

That solves the audio.

How do I test if video is complete?

Also how do I update ???