[GUIDE] ASUS/HP Notebook Installer guide for Mavericks/Yosemite

pokenguyen

62 posts in this topic

Hallo my name is Davide i'm writing from Italy, i have a ASUS x554LA Laptop, I used the guide and i installed Yosemite. I have a big problem, i'm not able to complete the boot configuration. The PC start with USB Pen but when try to use the Asus Notebook Installer tool i'm not able to complete the installation he give me an DSDT error. trie also with Chimera and also with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], boot error when i try to reboot the pc.

I need help, please

By

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

This is one of my first posts in here and I'm new at this. I mean, I already installed a OSX on a desktop PC once and it worked almost everything by default by some reason or probably because people who made it were genious.

I've just got an Asus X202e and I was thinking about all the trouble I would have to make OSX to work properly and... Wait... What? There's a installer that works on my new notebook. I almost cried. Thank you very much for this. I can't thank you enough.

I have two questions. If I change the HD for a kingston SSD V300 120gb will I have any issues?

But the most important question is: How can I make this dual boot with Windows 10?

I'll start this project in a couple days and I'll report my results here if anyone is interested.

Thank you once again for this

Dear pokenguyen and vusun,

Not related but I am trying to install El Capitan on my Lenovo T420s. I followed tluck's instruction for T420 with UEFI only without success.

Could you please help me out? I need suitable dsdt, config.plist and other necessary stuffs... Cos I am totally new to hackintosh, your help is highly appreciated!

Dear pokenguyen and vusun,

Not related but I am trying to install El Capitan on my Lenovo T420s. I followed tluck's instruction for T420 with UEFI only without success.

Could you please help me out? I need suitable dsdt, config.plist and other necessary stuffs... Cos I am totally new to hackintosh, your help is highly appreciated!

There's this you know

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/page-99

Next time try digging more

• Like 1

Both VGA and HDMI won't work ( I have a tester ). Basically VGA support is obsoleted for HD4000 from 10.8.3 onward, and HDMI is controlled by the Nvidia GPU, which has been disabled

ahhh thanks, but when i'm trying to use Rehabman's config at github here, the NVidia Chip is enabled and it can displayed With NVidia Chip model,

don't know though is it really working or no hahaha

Can someone point me to a guide to make this install work with Windows on a double boot?

Thanks!

actually, in EFI systems, you aren't really hard to install it,

just make the right partition,

as long as using GPT though,

i have 3 OS Installed (Win X, Mac Yos, Ubuntu) it works perfectly using clover as the front gate,

before i install Paragon HFS+ T_T it's ruined everything

Wow this is impressive stuff. Wanted to do a fresh reinstall of Yosemite on my Asus x202e and tried out the installer here. Thought I'd provide some feedback from my experience:

Firstly, the ease of use of this package is to be applauded. I followed the instructions exactly and have 90% of things working beautifully in under an hour (including OS X install time). I had manually patched before and had most things working but always stumbled at getting sleep and audio to work. Now sleep seems to be functioning flawlessly.

I have not tested the VGA or HDMI yet, due to lack of a monitor to test with.

Audio works through the internal speakers perfectly well, but I cannot use any USB audio devices or the headphone jack, which is a big problem for me, when I want to watch movies on the go. My previous install had audio working through headphones using voodoohda, which was not ideal, but it did function. Attempting to install voodoohda now results in no sound at all, so I assume there is some big conflict with the patches.

The other functions, such as brightness, keyboard and trackpad, are superb.

If someone could possibly point me in the right direction to fixing the audio issues I would be most greatful. Even if it involves un-patching the audio and going down the sloppy voodoohda route once again.

Wow this is impressive stuff. Wanted to do a fresh reinstall of Yosemite on my Asus x202e and tried out the installer here. Thought I'd provide some feedback from my experience:

Firstly, the ease of use of this package is to be applauded. I followed the instructions exactly and have 90% of things working beautifully in under an hour (including OS X install time). I had manually patched before and had most things working but always stumbled at getting sleep and audio to work. Now sleep seems to be functioning flawlessly.

I have not tested the VGA or HDMI yet, due to lack of a monitor to test with.

Audio works through the internal speakers perfectly well, but I cannot use any USB audio devices or the headphone jack, which is a big problem for me, when I want to watch movies on the go. My previous install had audio working through headphones using voodoohda, which was not ideal, but it did function. Attempting to install voodoohda now results in no sound at all, so I assume there is some big conflict with the patches.

The other functions, such as brightness, keyboard and trackpad, are superb.

If someone could possibly point me in the right direction to fixing the audio issues I would be most greatful. Even if it involves un-patching the audio and going down the sloppy voodoohda route once again.

Seems like AppleHDA issue. Upload your AppleHDARealtekALC270.kext and audio codec dump from Linux

• Like 1

Thanks for taking a look at this. I hope I got the codec dump correct. 

I have just patched your AppleHDA. I attached full of files that relate to your ALC269VB. You have to do exactly guide below:

Step 1: Patch your DSDT: Add Layout 28, fix HPET and IRQ. Then move it to EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched\

Step 2: Remove VoodooHDA.kext in S\L\E, restore original AppleHDA.kext to S\L\E

Step 3: Install LegacyAppleHDA.kext to S\L\E via Kext Wizard.

Step 4: Open your Config.plist (Clover) by Clover Configurator. And add KextToPatch: (You may reference my Config.plist)

Name: AppleHDA

Find -->> Replace (copy/paste for each line separately)

Comment: You can type anything you want. Eg: Patch AppleHDA P1, Patch AppleHDA P2,...

8419d411 --> 6902ec10

8319d411 --> 00000000

6102ec10 --> 00000000

6202ec10 --> 00000000

8508ec10 --> 00000000

Step 5: Rebuild caches and reboot.

Notice: Your Line In (aka External Microphone) wouldn't be working. Because your Headphone and External Mic are combo jack. I don't have any idea for it. Gluck

ALC269VB.zip

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

I have just patched your AppleHDA. I attached full of files that relate to your ALC269VB. You have to do exactly guide below:

Hi, thank you so much for your time. I followed the guide to the best of my knowledge and it resulted in a boot loop at the clover screen. I have now reverted back to a clone and will try again. I think I may have made some mistakes. 

Step 1: I was a little confused by the 'layout 28' part, I could only see layout 12 or layout 3 options in the repo's I visited. After some googling I was informed that replacing the "12" with "28" in the patch text was all that was necessary. 

Step 2: I have not used voodoohda ever on this clean install. It is completely new one using the Asus installer only. All kexts, DSDT and patch stuff handled by the installer. So I skipped that part. 

Step 4: There were already 3 appleHDA patches present. I assume these were done by the installer tool. I overwrote them, as they did not relate numerically to any of your quoted values. Then added 2 more to end up with the 5 values you provided. 

I will continue to clone and repeat until I find what has gone wrong. If anyone can shed any light and clear things up I'd be most grateful. 

Hi, thank you so much for your time. I followed the guide to the best of my knowledge and it resulted in a boot loop at the clover screen. I have now reverted back to a clone and will try again. I think I may have made some mistakes. 

Step 1: I was a little confused by the 'layout 28' part, I could only see layout 12 or layout 3 options in the repo's I visited. After some googling I was informed that replacing the "12" with "28" in the patch text was all that was necessary. 

Step 2: I have not used voodoohda ever on this clean install. It is completely new one using the Asus installer only. All kexts, DSDT and patch stuff handled by the installer. So I skipped that part. 

Step 4: There were already 3 appleHDA patches present. I assume these were done by the installer tool. I overwrote them, as they did not relate numerically to any of your quoted values. Then added 2 more to end up with the 5 values you provided. 

I will continue to clone and repeat until I find what has gone wrong. If anyone can shed any light and clear things up I'd be most grateful. 

The 3 patches from the installer are the correct one. Layout 28 is applied to your DSDT by default ( by the installer also ). So all your have to do is remove AppleHDARealtekALC269.kext, install his LegacyHDA.kext and rebuild cache

The 3 patches from the installer are the correct one. Layout 28 is applied to your DSDT by default ( by the installer also ). So all your have to do is remove AppleHDARealtekALC269.kext, install his LegacyHDA.kext and rebuild cache

Okay I have tried that and still no sound from headphones. I have tested the hardware via a linux live usb and headphone jack is working okay. Just had to make sure I wasn't being silly and missing a hardware fault. I'm going to start over with a full, fresh reinstall of 10.10.5, then just use the Asus tool and replace as you stated in the quote to see if there is something I have forgotten about interfering with the patches.

Okay I have tried that and still no sound from headphones. I have tested the hardware via a linux live usb and headphone jack is working okay. Just had to make sure I wasn't being silly and missing a hardware fault. I'm going to start over with a full, fresh reinstall of 10.10.5, then just use the Asus tool and replace as you stated in the quote to see if there is something I have forgotten about interfering with the patches.

How about Speaker and Microphone? Is it working?

Yes they both work fine. It's just headphones and USB audio device that won't work.

I have done full clean wipe and reinstall. Still having same problem.

I repatched LegacyHDA. Try installing it and send me feedback.

P/s: I think the first kext that i posted in #40 is right. You should install it again and install Codec Commander to S\L\E

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

LegacyAppleHDA.kext.zip

I repatched LegacyHDA. Try installing it and send me feedback.

Tried installing the repatched LegacyHDA, no change. Not entirely sure what I'm doing with codec commander, but I installed it as you said and again no change in circumstances.

P.S. thanks again guys, for taking the time to try and figure this out.

Tried installing the repatched LegacyHDA, no change. Not entirely sure what I'm doing with codec commander, but I installed it as you said and again no change in circumstances.

P.S. thanks again guys, for taking the time to try and figure this out.

So weird... I'm gonna figure it out when i have free time.

• 2 weeks later...