Yosemite Issues 10.10.3 Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR

Luthraz

9 posts in this topic

I've had a few issues since updating to Yosemite on my Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, and now especially since updating to 10.10.3. 

Initially, my only issue was several USB ports not working on my tower, which I learned to deal with basically after no resolution being found.

Now, after updating to 10.10.3 I cannot boot without ignoring caches (-f) at boot and sound does not work no matter what I try. 

I am attaching my boot screens both before attempting to fix the hanging boot by removing a kext (attachment 1.jpg) and the hanging verbose boot after the kext is removed (attachment 2.jpg). The kext removed is needed for my Ethernet as well, so I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-549451-0-18901900-1428830750_thumb.jpg

post-549451-0-04712500-1428830761_thumb.jpg

Pulled USB (everything but the keyboard) and still no dice! I will try to research the identifier as I tried using USBBusFix=Yes and had no luck with it either. I have a USB 3.0 card that I feel may be the culprit. If you all have any more ideas shoot. :-/

Well, since you can boot with -f, try rebuilding the caches after booting with -f.

Open up a terminal windows and type: 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

Are you injecting any USB related kexts? 

Lex here is what I got in my boot.plist. I already had kext-dev-mode=1: 

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

So, after applying the 10.10.3 "supplemental update" now my hackintosh boots right up. I have no idea what this did or how it worked, I just know that at this point I've wasted so many hours on this machine I'm going to be buying a refurbished Mac Pro next or one that is more up to date as I'm simply tired of this becoming a Time Vampire everytime I want the latest and greatest OS...