New photos app crashes hack

b00bl1k

37 posts in this topic

It would not be the members who do not want help you. 

But it is your problem that has not found solution.

I'm not blaming the members at all. I was trying to keep alive this topic and find people with the same problem and solve it. 

I apologize if I offended someone.

@Crushers

I tried with new library, I thought it was ok, but hack crashes after i tried editing some photos. Your photos where manual added or synced with iCloud? Do you use NV web driver?

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled across this thread thinking there was a problem plugging in my iPhone causing my computer to suddenly shut off and restart. Of course, plugging in my iPhone was causing Photos to start, which then shut off my computer abruptly. Starting with a fresh library is fine so there is some action that is causing Photos.app to shut off the computer. This is unsual that an application can cause such behavior. Hopefully just a bug that will be fixed in an update. Unfortunately, I have not seen it too widespread on the web.

As  part of my troubleshooting, this happens regardless of whether I use the AMD or Intel GPU. 

CPU: i7-4790K

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
SSD: SanDisk 256 GB
Memory: 16 GB (2 x  8) F3-1600C9-8GXM GSkill Memory
GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9 R280x 3GB
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case: Fractal Define R4

Yosemite 10.10.3

Clover 3202

Yes, Thank you very much for the suggestion. I didn't think it would work because the next response was from someone who said that it didn't, but lo-and-behold... it actually worked! I wanted to share that it works to provide a counter example to the guy who couldn't get it to work. Keep trying!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for not answering before around here, but the work has me very busy.

I made a new installation with Clover and I happen the same. I intendado change my iMac 15.1 SMBIOS, but once I do, I get a black screen after starting passes. you can lend a hand me ??

• 2 months later...