OS X 10.10.3 - Final Version Available

Allan

30 posts in this topic

Available for Download the OS X 10.10.3 - Build 14d131 (Thanks @mendietinha)

17ed50fe6175ef33fff694dcd8f1628d.png
Make a backup of your files and install this new update.

For the Web Designers, Photos is not an Aperture replacement, but Apple will no longer support Aperture as well as iPhoto.

photos-icon-100567302-large.jpg

The app will offer to automatically import photos from iPhoto libraries, and the iPhoto app will disappear after installing as Photos replaces it.

This update also includes the following improvements:

• Adds over 300 new Emoji characters
  • Adds Spotlight suggestions to Look Up
  • Prevents Safari from saving website favicon URLs used in Private Browsing
  • Improves stability and security in Safari
  • Improves Wi-Fi performance and connectivity in various usage scenarios
  • Improves compatibility with captive Wi-Fi network environments
  • Fixes an issue that might cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
  • Improves screen sharing reliability

Read all info about this update in Support Apple site.

EDIT: OS X 10.10.3 Offline update.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 UpdateFile Size: 1.52 GB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Update - File Size: 2 GB

Click here to view the article

Edited by Allan
More information added.
  • Like 3

i feel sick guys!

why is always troubles in my life :P

Jokes apart, strangely my machine won't boot anymore after updating, I used the combo 10.10.3 upon public seed and boot stuck at waiting for dsmos 

somehow it seems it can't reach the graphics 

i reinstalled over it the combo public seed 1D4130a and up and shining again..  isn't it weird? 

reading your comments i'm gonna try to install the Delta update to see if something different happens LoL 

@Taliezin

All i can say to you is the only difference since now is that the combo {censored}up your installation :) mostly (IMO) due to the fact the combo isn't capable or rebuild the xpc and kernel cache (just a guess anyway) but apple is more and more weird and {censored}ed-up with these new phone-like systems 

crossing fingers and all i have.

if someone has exerienced this b4 or has something to suggest i'm all ears 

Thx.

-------------

Update:

Tried also Delta update same history  

changed BL from Enoch to Cham no way

tried also replacing fakesmc = nada No Go

no matter what i try

stuck @ waiting for dsmos 

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

Trouble free updates to 10.10.3 from 10.10.2 (with the combo updater) on both my legacy desktop GA-P55aUD3/Intel i5 750/ATI HD5770 and Dell XPS M1530 laptop (saves bandwidth if you need to update several machines).

Using Clover r3193, Clover trim patch and Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8Series.sh support kext for ALC onboard audio are still working :):thumbsup_anim:.

Like @Riley Freeman, I still have iPhoto available but am told the photo library has been migrated to Photos and given the option to open that instead.

-------------

Update:

Tried also Delta update same history  

changed BL from Enoch to Cham no way

tried also replacing fakesmc = nada No Go

no matter what i try

stuck @ waiting for dsmos 

Hey Labyone,

I got stuck on boot after update on line "GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start…” 

I am on clover and couldn't get it to boot eitherway.

What I did is boot from usb chameleon for yosemite; this time I could get in and fix. I had to fix some patched kext that got unpatched, so to say. Did a repair permissions and rebuild cache and after that now I can boot normally again.

• Like 1

no problemo here. just repatch the intel hd fb.

CLOSE!!

after half a day replacing/rebooting i solved changing FB from Gibba to Duckweed. and saying goodbye to my old audio kexts now replaced by VoodooHDA + disabler but i don't really like how it sounds, unfortunately none of the solutions provided/offered here and around are valid for my mobo Giga GA X58 Extreme with mixed sound from 889a and 885 a mess. till latest build 1D40130a worked with an HDA+ALC889a.kext i kept since 10.6.8 :P  nothing last forever!! 

Well that said, i'll probably roll back to Panther :)

Apple I would suggest you to go to brasil and try to make some deal with Mr DelMonte... Its colourful and juicy as well... we all could enjoy it even better :)

• Like 2

CLOSE!!

after half a day replacing/rebooting i solved changing FB from Gibba to Duckweed. and saying goodbye to my old audio kexts now replaced by VoodooHDA + disabler but i don't really like how it sounds, unfortunately none of the solutions provided/offered here and around are valid for my mobo Giga GA X58 Extreme with mixed sound from 889a and 885 a mess. till latest build 1D40130a worked with an HDA+ALC889a.kext i kept since 10.6.8 :P  nothing last forever!! 

Well that said, i'll probably roll back to Panther :)

Apple I would suggest you to go to brasil and try to make some deal with Mr DelMonte... Its colourful and juicy as well... we all could enjoy it even better :)

lol

Yosemite Olarila updated to 10.10.2

DH55TC

XFX 5870

12 Gb

120 SSD HyperX

I updated everything through the appstore but TRIM became disabled. I tried re enabling it without success. At booting I experienced panics that rolled back the unsigned kext hack. It seems this update is thougher with kexts (although I had no problem reinsalling my WiFi) any ideas?

Yosemite Olarila updated to 10.10.2

DH55TC

XFX 5870

12 Gb

120 SSD HyperX

I updated everything through the appstore but TRIM became disabled. I tried re enabling it without success. At booting I experienced panics that rolled back the unsigned kext hack. It seems this update is thougher with kexts (although I had no problem reinsalling my WiFi) any ideas?

Try with this: http://www.insanelym...-non-apple-ssd/

Use 4th method  - Thanks to @crushers

• Like 1

Well it looks like Apple has decided to not close the security hole in the previous releases of it's OS since 10.7. "Obey or be hacked!" read more here:  http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/04/09/update-your-mac-apple-fixes-major-flaw-in-os-x-yosemite-but-wont-patch-lion-mountain-lion-or-mavericks

wow!

Apple will not patch versions older than 10.10, reportedly due to the complexity of the fix.

I love my OS X Mavericks, is horrible to think that I have to use the Yosemite.  :no: