Problem with kingston v300 ssd

8 posts in this topic

does anyone knows why my ssd gets really slow when i format it hfs+? i´m using a mbp 13 early 2011.

funny thing is that works great with ntfs. any tips? thanks

Really ? Did you trim it correctly yet ? My Intel 530 Series works flawlessly

yes, trim helps to boot but the system stays really slow. beach ball all the time...

Do you have two SSD ?

Because when I  Install OS X  Yosemite on two SSD in the same PC

I have the same issue and  I do remove one OS X . Strange because

on Mavericks I dont have this problem

• Like 1

He's using a Macbook here. I dunno what happens with Apple AHCI Controller there but in 2012 Macs it doesn't have this issue ( I once seen a guy with the rMBP Late 2012 using 2 nForce SSD and it is amazingly fast ). Beachball might refer to kernel_task I assume

• Like 1

Are you using the SSD device where the mechanical drive was or in the spot where the CD/DVD was? The SATA controller where the hard drive is (SATA III) locate is more robust than where the CD/DVD is located. What I did was put a Samsung EVO 500GB in the spot where the mechanical drive was and removed the DVD/CD and replaced with an OWC data doubler and put the original hard drive as that SATA II cable is slower.  I moved the User directory to the mechanical drive and make sure go into system preferences accounts and point your user directory to the proper drive.

The only pain is that I have to remember to disable TRIM on updates so I keep a paper copy of the commands that I need to disable/enable KEXT signing.  I am using a 2012 MacBookPro 13 inch its a lot easier to move that MacPro Tower that I used for teaching Basic DSLR and Photoshop Elements.

Lou Cioccio