GUIDE: Dell Precision M3800 (3200x1800 QHD+ Touch, i7-47x2HQ, IntelHD4600, QuadroK1100M, ALC668)

AustinSMU

39 posts in this topic

Wow awesome, thanks for the clover folder!

-I tried logging out and I lose display completely. I don't really have hdmi to test that either as of right now. Then I tried typing my password and waiting for about 5 minutes and it stayed blank. I'll try this again with a clean install with your clover folder. 

-My bios settings are all in order. *just checked

EDIT: Everything seems to work now. Initially using the clover folder you supplied I got stuck during boot. Not a KP just stuck. Verbose mode gave me something about NTFS drivers. The only change I made was the suggestion you made earlier from using 0x0a260006 to 0x0a2e0008. Now all is fine and I am replying from a healthy looking chrome browser! Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT 2: One last thing, does sleep work? Because I think when my display goes to sleep, I lose internal display altogether. I can tell because the machine is still running since once I pressed the play button again while the screen was off, it began to play again. Thanks

Instead of adding edits to your last post, start a new reply. Post edits do not show up as notifications, so it will greatly increase response time. When you switched to ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008, did you also make the appropriate change to the framebuffer patch in your Clover config.plist? You need to replace the entire "Enable 96MB...0x0a260006" patch with: 

<dict>  

<key>Comment</key>  

<string>Enable 96MB for Azul framebuffer 0x0a2e0008</string>  

<key>Find</key>  

<data>  

CAAuCgEDAwMAAAAEAAAgAgAAUAEAAABgbAUAAGwFAAAA   AAAAAAAAAAAACAACAAAAMAAAAAEFCQAABAAABwEAAAIE   CgAABAAABwEAAA==  

</data>  

<key>Name</key>  

<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>  

<key>Replace</key>  

<data>  

CAAuCgEDAwMAAAAGAAAgAgAAUAEAAABgbAUAAGwFAAAA   AAAAAAAAAAAACAAEAAAAMAAAAAEFCQAACAAABgAAAAIE   CgAABAAABgAAAA==  

</data>  

</dict>

Also, I've updated the DELLM3800.sh script, including a few changes to DSDT patches that might help with sleep/wake. Try re-patching your ACPI tables using the new script.

Ok, that would be very nice if you could have à look :rolleyes: , these are my ACPI tables dump :

Dumps

I can see that there is no SSDT-pr.aml, that may be because i did manage to entirely disable the Intel or whatever CPU management, as i need to have full CPU speed anytime due to my pro audio real time softwares.

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

You are missing 3 SSDT tables. This is indicative of incorrect BIOS settings. Did you unlock your BIOS and make the required changes in the settings outlined in the guide? You need to verify that your BIOS is set to "Optimized Defaults" with the aforementioned changes.

Instead of adding edits to your last post, start a new reply. Post edits do not show up as notifications, so it will greatly increase response time. When you switched to ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008, did you also make the appropriate change to the framebuffer patch in your Clover config.plist? You need to replace the entire "Enable 96MB...0x0a260006" patch with: 

"So on and so forth.."

Also, I've updated the DELLM3800.sh script, including a few changes to DSDT patches that might help with sleep/wake. Try re-patching your ACPI tables using the new script.

I'll take note of that. I'm just used to rules against double posting in other forums.

I'll try those changes when I get the chance and get back to you.

Thanks Austin!

I tried all combinations of the suggested graphics troubleshooting for the config plists and deleting the fake PCIID's. The only combination that shows graphics acceleration or doesn't crash is using the clover folder you gave me and changing the ig-platform ID and "Enable 96mb" section.

I found sleep does work with this combination, but waking the internal screen doesn't. HDMI works however, which is how I found that sleep works.

• Using KextWizard, determine if IntelHDGraphics5000.kext and IntelFramebufferAzul.kext are loaded after you boot to desktop. If both of these kexts are not loaded at boot, you do not have full graphics acceleration.
  • Toggle System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Display -> Reduce Transparency. If it does not cause a noticeable change in the menu bars, QE/CI is not enabled.
  • Try using the CLOVER-ALT folder (perhaps on a USB). Make sure to remove the "-ALT" from "CLOVER-ALT" once you've copied it either to the HDD/USB EFI partition. Some hardware setups have trouble with the 0x0a260006 ig-platform-id, and this alternate folder reverts back to 0x0a2e0008 with a modified framebuffer patch that was used in 10.10.0-10.10.1.
  • Remove any of the FakePCIID kexts in System/Library/Extensions, and run KextUtility to the rebuild the kext cache.
  • Reboot.

Hi guys, i own probably the same workstation as you do. My little problem is my inability to install the mac os x on the pc. I am a novice in Hackintosh and all the guides provided by YOU looks unfamiliar to me.

I managed to unlock the bios and configure it -(AO9).

I tried booting from the USB as directed.

My problem is it loads to about 1/3 of the bar and fails.

Please, what am I doing wrong.

I am just a beginner.

THIS IS MY SYSTEM's INFORMATION

--OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version    10.0.10240 Build 10240

System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.

System Model    Dell Precision M3800

System Type    x64-based PC

System SKU    Dell Precision M3800

Processor    Intel® Core i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    Dell Inc. A09, 1/8/2015

--Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB

Hi guys, i own probably the same workstation as you do. My little problem is my inability to install the mac os x on the pc. I am a novice in Hackintosh and all the guides provided by YOU looks unfamiliar to me.

I managed to unlock the bios and configure it -(AO9).

I tried booting from the USB as directed.

My problem is it loads to about 1/3 of the bar and fails.

Please, what am I doing wrong.

I am just a beginner.

THIS IS MY SYSTEM's INFORMATION

--OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Dell Precision M3800

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Dell Precision M3800

Processor Intel® Core i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A09, 1/8/2015

--Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Which display do you have – 3200x1800 QHD+ or 3840x2160 4K?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have one question:

If you have running OSX on Dell Precision m3800 with Intel HD 4600, does HDMI or miniDisplay port work? Can you connect external monitor via one of these ports? 

Because I have older Dell Precision m4600 (Intel HD3000 + nVidia Quadro 2000M) and if I disable nVidia GPU in DSDT/SSDT, I can't connect external monitor using Intel HD 3000 only. So now I use nVidia GPU only and I can connect external monitor via Display Port. I think in m3800 is situation similar.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

i have Problem with the Installation.

My Bios ist patched correctly (A09). The Bios Settings are correct.

I have patched iokit with this https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX. (this iokit patch is up to date).

DSDT are patched and include in Clover. But if i Boot with Intelinjected, the resault comes one the Screenshot below. If i plug in a HDMI Monitor, the Notebook screen goes black, and the Monitor works. 

Is this a iokit issue?

mfg RaZZe

• 3 years later...

Mac OS X Catalina 10.11.0 Successful !
---------------------------------------
I installed Catalina 10.15.0 on this laptop yesterday using the usb image for OLARILA:
https://olarila.com/forum/

I forced flashed the unlocked bios (A12) https://github.com/syscl/M3800/blob/M3800/unlocked BIOS/M3800_QHD_A12_patched.bin.

This is my CLOVER folder: CLOVER.zip

These are kexts in my SLE : SLE folder.zip

Note: 4K resolution does not work so I satisfied myself with 1080p.Also the very same configuration is working for Mojave 10.14.6.

Enjoy !

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 AM, caltor726 said:

Mac OS X Catalina 10.11.0 Successful !
---------------------------------------
I installed Catalina 10.15.0 on this laptop yesterday using the usb image for OLARILA:
https://olarila.com/forum/

I forced flashed the unlocked bios (A12) https://github.com/syscl/M3800/blob/M3800/unlocked BIOS/M3800_QHD_A12_patched.bin.

This is my CLOVER folder: CLOVER.zip

These are kexts in my SLE : SLE folder.zip

Note: 4K resolution does not work so I satisfied myself with 1080p.Also the very same configuration is working for Mojave 10.14.6.

Enjoy !

Same successful story here. However, the screen won't turn on after wake up from sleep, and this is kind of annoying....

I'm using 1080p with HiDPI, and hopefully someone can make 4K/HiDPi work.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, roswellian said:

Same successful story here. However, the screen won't turn on after wake up from sleep, and this is kind of annoying....

I'm using 1080p with HiDPI, and hopefully someone can make 4K/HiDPi work.

Use SwitchResX to turn off the HiDPI

• 4 weeks later...