4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

I built and released 4 updates at once for everyone,so give me a brake about the mistake please.

it is a lot of work.

I'm sorry that's just not good enough. I demand that you fly over here, come to my house and personally install it on my computer. And, while you here, you can mow the lawns as I haven't done it all winter and spring is starting to kick in making my yard look bad...

Before I install the SSE2 version, does this release address the mouse tracking speed issue that cropped up from the JaS release that showed up a couple weeks ago? that was the only issue That I had when I updated last time but it was impossible to work on the computer when the double click speed and tracking speed kept resetting to the lowest value.....

what a jerk. its idiots like you that made jas want to leave earlier. you ruin the community becuase all you do is consume and dont give anything back.

Sarcasm - definition: jesting -- stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's amazing" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words

If you get an error with intel sse3 where you can't get past the blue screen or to the desktop , just do this

boot up -v -f -s then type in

mount -uw /

mv /system/library/exrensions/r2d2.kext /system/library/extensions/

that will fix the error with he blue screen For those of you that are not updating from my 10.4.7.

If you already have my 10.4.7 installed you wont get this problem.

I built and released 4 updates at once for everyone,so give me a brake about the mistake please.

it is a lot of work.

Hi for all,

a try a new vs. but after my system dont startup, i try the jas procedure, but have a same blue screen, and a black screen + system frozem.

any ideia about resolve this?

thanks

Thanks JaS downloading it now :D hope it works for me :D can anyone suggest if I should use SSE2 OR SSE3 for my AMD X2 4400? which has SSE2 and SSE3.

I know that for the 10.4.6 release AMD could only use the SSE2 version.

Also, JaS (dont want to bug you) but could you tell us what version of the releases is the most stable? out of SSE2 or SSE3 and is there much performance boost between them?

sorry for all my questions, Im still just a lil hackintosh n00b

Hello Guys

First and above all, my humble respects to JaS. It is really great to see all you accomplish and I would just love to learn and be able to help out as well. I am fairly new to Macs but I have to keep a darn PC in the office and I am not happy about it. Somehow I tumbled with these pages and downloaded JaS' 10.4.7 installation DVD. Followed his instructions, partitioned my hard drive using Acronis and Voila! Mac OS X installed on a filthy PC.

Now, here comes my request for help. I already installed Office 2003 without problems. sound works. Video works, but my ethernet doesn't work. There goes my internet connection on the beautiful Mac side. Tried installing the Darwin Tulip patch but I cannot make it work.

Every time I start installing anything packed, the installer freezes getting an eternally spinning beach ball. I tried installing the xCode 1.5, 2.1, 2.3, and 2.4 and I keep getting to the same problem, freezing right after opening the pack and before clicking on the first continue button.

Then I saw the 10.4.8 AMD update from JaS and thought that maybe this would help me, so I downloaded it and tried to install it, but as it was packed, it froze too.

What could I do? Can anyone help me out?

JaS, By the way, I tried to give back a bit, when you get you Mac, send a pic to envy you even more!

Can I install iTunes7.0x & Quicktime 7.13 on 10.4.8 AMD/SSE2 version without using PPC method?

I tried it (iTunes upgrade)on 10.4.7,

then some applications like iPhoto/iMovie crash.

and fail in restoring the original perfect performance.

Re-install the whole OS finally.

Hope this time everything is OK!

Thank you for the effort!

Hello Guys

First and above all, my humble respects to JaS. It is really great to see all you accomplish and I would just love to learn and be able to help out as well. I am fairly new to Macs but I have to keep a darn PC in the office and I am not happy about it. Somehow I tumbled with these pages and downloaded JaS' 10.4.7 installation DVD. Followed his instructions, partitioned my hard drive using Acronis and Voila! Mac OS X installed on a filthy PC.

Now, here comes my request for help. I already installed Office 2003 without problems. sound works. Video works, but my ethernet doesn't work. There goes my internet connection on the beautiful Mac side. Tried installing the Darwin Tulip patch but I cannot make it work.

Every time I start installing anything packed, the installer freezes getting an eternally spinning beach ball. I tried installing the xCode 1.5, 2.1, 2.3, and 2.4 and I keep getting to the same problem, freezing right after opening the pack and before clicking on the first continue button.

Then I saw the 10.4.8 AMD update from JaS and thought that maybe this would help me, so I downloaded it and tried to install it, but as it was packed, it froze too.

What could I do? Can anyone help me out?

JaS, By the way, I tried to give back a bit, when you get you Mac, send a pic to envy you even more!

Find an app called Pacifist for mac and download it,you can open the update and install it with this app.

Can I install iTunes7.0x & Quicktime 7.13 on 10.4.8 AMD/SSE2 version without using PPC method?

I tried it (iTunes upgrade)on 10.4.7,

then some applications like iPhoto/iMovie crash.

and fail in restoring the original perfect performance.

Re-install the whole OS finally.

Hope this time everything is OK!

Thank you for the effort!

No,these apps now have sse3 instructions in them that are not emulated at this time, rufus has found what instruction is causing the issue and is working on a solution.

Whooo {censored}'n Hoooo xbench up 20 points from 49 to 69-70 after Jas 10.4.8 update, another fine release Jas, btw any1 heard from Maxxus???

Nice , and nope nothing from maxxuss :)

Hi guys and thank you JaS! I successfully installed your intel sse2 combo update on the system in sign and everything go well, unlike previous non-combo update: so thank you also to quixos for fixing framework bugs! I saw this update left unchanged IOPCIFamily.kext, I have 1.7 in order to have my video card recognised as AGP, and it is still so!

Till the time I can use osx86 in my system, I will, especially when I put a sse3 cpu and a better video card (9800 pro) in a week I hope. In this way I could enjoy all the feature of this o.s. and run every kind of app and say goodbye XP! (thruly the only thing i can't do is to listen 5.1 audio because the on-board card works only in stereo, but this is a very minor issue!)

Please apologize for my bad english.

Bye!

but the problem is that I did upgrade from 10.4.7. it was the only system I had. I am new to this, and loving it, hehehe. but I cannot start my system now. It remains on the blue screen. I can't apply the "boot up -v -f -s ...." procedure because it doesn't let me.

and besides, the procedure mentioned to solve the blue screen error is for Intel chips only. I have AMD. How can I make the system safe boot? or how can I make time to type all those commands? sorry to ask such silly questions but I am not well mac versed.

And thanks for the help. it is awsome how fast different people try to help out other. really nice