4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

Double click on the .zip package, then double click on the extracted archive. This will get you to an installer screen - follow the instructions and you're done,

Andy.

Cool. That's simple enough. Can't imagine that JaS also prepared an installer for us!

Thank you Andy.

Leo

Hi, i tried the JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update.pkg. When the system restart was stuck in the progress bar. After a examination of the /System/Library i found a folder with name "Exrensions" with r2d2.kext. After i move the kext to Extensions the system boot fine. Thanks.

Just installed SSE2 Intel Update : Everything seems correct.

I still have Callisto recognized QE+CI+Opengl OK, nothing to do other than install the Update.

I tested several softwares such as Office, VLC, Dashboard, Shapeshifter, Google Earth, Iphoto, iTunes (still 6), Firefox and everything is perfect.

The only problem I noticed is that my processor in not recognized in about this mac and shows 0mhz instead of 1600.

Thanks to everyone for making this release possible, Jas, Quixos and every other.

If you get an error with intel sse3 where you can't get past the blue screen or to the desktop , just do this

boot up -v -f -s then type in

mount -uw /

mv /system/library/exrensions/r2d2.kext /system/library/extensions/

that will fix the error with he blue screen For those of you that are not updating from my 10.4.7.

If you already have my 10.4.7 installed you wont get this problem.

I built and released 4 updates at once for everyone,so give me a brake about the mistake please.

it is a lot of work.

JaS, if you end up with just 1 bug in 4 releases, you will be doing way better than Apple itself does, so don't let the complainers get to you.

People who plan to use these packages need to keep reading the relevant threads here so they can try to troubleshoot some of the glitches that hit them by themselves. Lets not be lazy -- we are all in this together!!!

Just installed SSE2 Intel Update : Everything seems correct.

I still have Callisto recognized QE+CI+Opengl OK, nothing to do other than install the Update.

I tested several softwares such as Office, VLC, Dashboard, Shapeshifter, Google Earth, Iphoto, iTunes (still 6), Firefox and everything is perfect.

The only problem I noticed is that my processor in not recognized in about this mac and shows 0mhz instead of 1600.

Thanks to everyone for making this release possible, Jas, Quixos and every other.

Thank Jas for the great work!!!

"About this Mac" ,copy "SPPlateformReporter.spreporter" from old old 10.4.5 should solve the the "hardware error" in the "More Info" parts.

havent figure out a way to fix the "0mHz Unknow" yet

one more thing, I see a lot of these messages during boot up, is it normal??

"decoding 0x1f813000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x1f813800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x1f814000

decoding 0x1f814000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x1f814800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x1f815000

decoding 0x1f815000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x1f815800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x1f816000

decoding 0x1f816000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x1f816800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x1f817000"

Thanks a lot!!

I upgraded my 10.4.5 ( osx86_10.4.5_amd-intel_sse2-3.iso ) successful with Intel/SSE3 patch.

My hardware:

- Intel Core Duo T2400

- nvidia geForce go7200

- HD 160 SATA, 1Gb ram...

My experience:

After installed the patch, for 2 reboot mac os doesn't start (with different messages);

next I tried to apply the fix found in the thread "fix for JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 boot hang";

I rebooted and mac os starts.

Now, mac os starts everytime, without errors, with the messages reported by flow :o

Thanks,

Marco

(Sorry for my english)

flow -- those messages are normal. You are seeing the new r2d2.kext decrypting other files on the fly. Before r2d2.kext we needed to wait for someone to give us copies of decrypted files. Now our systems can decrypt on their own, almost the same as true Mac hardware does.

Installed over 10.4.7 Server, About this Mac still reports as .7 anyway to get a AMD Updated to 10.4.8 server.?

Just thought this was worth commenting on,when you install server you have two systems installed at the same time , the base client system,thats what you updated .. and then the server version . somewhere in the server admin tools it will list the system version and then the server version.

Thanks Jas, Gone back to a .7 Workstation Image of the Drive i backed up. I don’t need the server really was just testing it as I wanted to see how things were done compared to win2k3 server.

Thanks for all the effort you put in man.