4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am tired now but wanted to just let you know I have completed testing on these 4 updates

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.SSE2.Only.Combo.Update

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.SSE3.Only.Combo.Update

JaS.10.4.8.SSE2.Intel.Only.Combo.Update

JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update

I have then zipped up but will not be releasing till tomorrow.

A note about AMD sse2 from my tester Bananaman

" the first time I got in, some things were acting weird

some windows kept jumping to the top of the screen

and wouldnt take input from my mouse

i rebooted once and then that was gone "

" So 2 reboots, 1 to get into 10.4.8 for the first time and 1 to make the weirdness go away"

Anyway , I am happy with it and you should be excepting a post from Skr3dii when its out.

Greetings all,

Has anyone managed to successfully get Logic Pro 7.2.3 running without crashing on 10.4.8? 10.4.7 runs fine with Logic Pro, however, 10.4.8 constantly quits right after it loads and is ready for use. Any insight would be most appreciated.

Synthology

i think there are problems with the pro apps in 10.4.8. under a sse2 processor unless you have sse3 then i dont suggest you get it unless you are dying for that .8 under about this mac. not sure on this whole issue but failry confident.

@harvey- using shapeshifter from unsanity- use the latest beta's on their weblog, also the theme or guikit featured by jas is called exec, a theme for panther which you need to update for tiger to get rid of the unskinned aqua toolbars and spotlight...

i think there are problems with the pro apps in 10.4.8. under a sse2 processor unless you have sse3 then i dont suggest you get it unless you are dying for that .8 under about this mac. not sure on this whole issue but failry confident.

Pro apps are fixed with this sse2 update

Thanks JaS, i am downloading it now, only problem is for the AMD SSE2 there is only 1 seeder.

they're all only going to have 1 seeder, most likely no one has gotten the whole thing yet, or if they have, they installed and rebooted. The swarm is young so it will only be fast for the beginning of the file, more people have that, soon enough others will have the whole thing, just make sure you seed and help others out.

Ok, well about a minute ago i was getting about 200 kbps but know a poor 17 kb.

as the whole swarm gets the file, speed increases. When you start you get fast speeds downloading from everyone that has that much of it already, then it slows as you catch up to everyone. Facinating piece of design really...