Macbook Pro sound input

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, how are you? Here is my problem.

For a long time I had a really well known (maybe even must have) red light thing in my a 2009 13" Macbook Pro. After trying all kinds of screwdrivers, q-tips, toothsticks, pins, clip and needles I went with a VoodooHDA kext install and it took a lot of time to find a right kext version (2.7.3) and settings and internal sound finally works. Finally. But not fully. Things got more weird, constant fixes of fixes have caused more specific problems requiring more creative fixes.

If you want to use headphones, you have to choose input source manually, which is not a big problem for me, however only one headphone is working (maybe it's my own fault caused by screwdriver). And the most interesting thing, microphone doesn't work. Actually, it works as I set iGain to 0 and iMix to 70 (or even 100) in VoodooHDA kext and sound is being detected by bar in preferences, but it doesn't work on FaceTime or Skype. Recording audio with QuickTime works well.

Some people facing this problem on stock macs can fix it by calling somebody over audio in FaceTime and switching to video during call, hanging up and calling again. It does work for most people, not for me.

What is interesting, in VoodooHDA preference pane I can only change Monitor and Recording Level for microphone and PCM and iMix for speaker or headphones.

I see three options now, however their 'wtf'-level isn't just enough. It's USB or Bluetooth mic and USB to 3.5 mm jack adapter. Any ideas?