Guide DELL Precision 690 OS X Yosemite 10.10.X

chris1111

61 posts in this topic

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2016.02.28. at 6:36 PM, chris1111 said:

Dont forget to put a small fan to the low back computer

can not install osx on system - can boot to clover and select install osx. see just apple logo and no progress bar, then system restart. in -v mode just +++++++++++++++ and restart.

tried all el capitan - sierra - high sierra - same output!

what I am missing?

Mobo:
Dell Precision 690 DT029
CPU:
Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® 5130 2.0GHz
Graphics:
HP nVidia Quadro FX 3450
Other Hardware:
Dell Precision 690, BIOS A08

4 hours ago, Blaggah said:

You'll only be able to install up to el capitan on the 690 anyways. Use the 690 tool to create the usb and make sure your bios is configured correctly.

I was not able to install also el capitan! Same output all the time. Starting to believe it is bios or cpu issue. Seems virtualization is not working. And if you say that I can not get high Sierra then I am giving up!

Thanks anyway!

Thanks for information! Right now I am not sure about upgrade, as I was not able to install El Capitan.

Will download newest Clover DELL Precision 690 V4 and try to put El Capitan one more time. Hope to get success this time and then think about upgrade.

Will post info! Thanks!

No luck! Boots to Clover and then hangs up on black screen.

Tried -v mode; disabled nvidia inject and some other things - same output. 

How can I debug and see why it hangs up? 

Edited by uldisv

Just thought of something, the thread never mentioned it but make sure your bios doesn't have Computrace activated.. If it's active, then you won't be able to install the OS.. I really don't think you can deactivate it either. I even opened up a topic on it and ive never really gotten any answers.  It almost seems like that's the case for you because with the 690 tool, you should've been able to get your machine up and running a long time ago.  Good luck m8.

• Sad 1

Dig a lot of information and spend a lot of time in search and seems Computrace is one time activation. If you activate Computrace then it write info in BIOS memory permanently. As far as I understand Computrace information is kept in BIOS memory part which is not active even if you flash new BIOS. So you can never deactivate it! I did not find any working solution to deactivate it in BIOS. Hope it helps anybody who starts to get crazy trying to install Hackintosh!