Cannot connect to appstore/connection failed

JochiePiet

4 posts in this topic

A couple of months ago I finally succeeded in transforming my Medion Akoya E6221 laptop in a fully functional hackintosh (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304259-medion-akoya-e6221/).

The subject of interest in this post will be the appstore. Until last week I could connect to the appstore and download as well. Unfortunately this is not the case anymore. When I try to connect I am looking at the coloured wheel for a couple of minutes and then it sais "Cannot connect to the appstore". Sometimes it comes up with this message rightaway. In some rare cases it sais "connection failed".

I am quite sure that I do not have a verification problem (I have dealt with en0, ethernetbuiltin and so at installation time a couple of monts ago).

I have noticed that it sais "serial number not available" in the system overview (after clicking on "About this Mac" ).

Now I am afraid that Apple has detected that I am using non-Apple hardware and has blacklisted me in some way or another.

So I started reading and must have seen a zillion posts about related problems. I have tried all kinds of suggestions but no luck whatsoever.

Extra information: Perhaps I have done something stupid: A friend of mine has her picture collection only on an USB stick since she got rid of her desktop in an impulse after buying an Ipad (women...). When she realized that she could not look at this collection anymore she turned to me for a solution. I am not familiar with Icloud bit I thought immediately to solve her problem by storing these pictures on the Idrive. Therefore I had to use her AppleID on my laptop. I succeeded in storing her pictures. But maybe I have caused my appstore problem myself by doing so.

Anyway I need help.

First of all: Why is it saying "Serialnumber not available" while there is a serial number in my smbios.plist (actually I finally put a real serial number there although that is a bit unethical, but that did not help either)

Secondly: Is is possible to fool Apple in some (preferably legal) way.

Thirdly: Am I on the right track in solving this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion!

Check if your NVRAM is working properly.

Thank you so much for your reply. I do not know how to check this. All I know that I have downloaded FileNVRAM.dylib in three different versions and replaced it in /Extra/Modules, repaired permissions and rebooted. No luck.