Need help with Unique sleep issue Clover/Yosemite EX58 UD3R

3 posts in this topic

I have read many sleep issue forums and I think my situation is unique.

I’m using Yosemite 10.10.2 with Clover and when it sleeps the screen goes black the fans stop and it seems like normal sleep until I try and wake it. If I try to wake it by pressing the power button (*see note below) The computer initiates a restart but cycles continuously trying to post but never posts. To get the MB to post at that stage the only thing I can do is remove and replace the CMOS battery and reset the BIOS settings. My motherboard is an EX58 UD3R 1.6 FK with Xeon 5650 cpu.

*Note- This system using Chimera and Mavericks sleep worked fine as long as AppleRTC was patched and the normal way to wake from sleep was to press the power button to re-activate the system and then touch the keyboard or mouse to bring monitor to life.

I have ‘AppleRTC = True’ in the Clover config.plist & I’ve tried ‘Darkwake = 1’. Neither has an effect on the behavior I described.

I hope someone here can offer some guidance.

I've been trying to use Clover on my GA-EX58-UD3R 1.6 FK and had the same problem as well. Adding the DSDT from the DSDT database to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml fixed the issue for me. Booting to the drive from the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB also did not exhibit the issue, possibly because of its use of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. (I also used `sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC`

`sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions` to prevent the simple BIOS resets different from the kind requiring a battery removal).

I use FakeSMC.kext to be able to boot and RealtekRTL8111.kext for built in ethernet. I still haven't found a sound driver that enables the built-in sound without requiring CPUS=1 to prevent startup crashes.