Mac App Store not working on Snow Leopard

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed Snow Leopard on VMWare Workstation 11. I am trying to upgrade to Yosemite but cannot login to the Mac App Store. I get the error "Your device or computer cannot be verified". 

I have tried the various options listed on this site and google, adding ethernetbuiltin, adding device property using EFI Studio but none work.

Since I am on VMware i do not have access to any chameleon /Extra files i can make change to. So i am making these changes in the Library->Preference->System Configuration folder.

I have one network interface with BSD name en0 (PCI express slot from VMWare). Attached screenshot of network configuration.

Can someone please help me get past the MAS sign-in error?

Thanks!

post-1511822-0-29766700-1427601430_thumb.png

Hello tester123abc,

i had the sams error last week on my Snow Leopard Workstation and solved it last Thursday.

Just copy efi64-srvr.rom inside your vmwarevm, edit .vmx with editor, add efi64.filename = "efi64-srvr.rom" and firmware = "efi" close it and save your .vmx.

Now start your virtual machine with the darwin snow or darwin.iso in your virtual drive.

If your snow leopard is started you can log in into the app store and load Yosemite.

I hope i could help you.

Maybe you can help me with my problem after the Sosemite Installation.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305434-vmware-workstation-11-yosemite-boot-stuck/?do=findComment&comment=2125004

Andi