Intel HD 4600 base frequency too low?

ActuallyMax

3 posts in this topic

Intel Core i3-4330,

Gigabyte H97N-Wifi,

Intel HD 4600.

I am running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 using clover bootloader. The HD 4600 is enabled by DSDT and I chose smbios as macbook Pro 11,2 the system identified "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536MB" correctly. 
Now everything seems to be working fine but the HD 4600's base frequency is only 200MHz, which I observed via the Intel Power Gadget. I have searched the official Intel documents and found out the base frequency of HD 4600 should be 350MHz, only Iris Pro graphics features a 200MHz base frequency. So my question is how can I adjust the base frequency of my HD 4600 and let it work under its factory settings instead of low base frequency? Please anyone could help me, thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

That's stranged because the HD4600 (mobile) of my laptop with 10.10.2 is stuck to 750Mhz. I use the MBP11,2 like you and I'm faking that I have a desktop HD4600 (the only way to enable it in Yosemite). 

- So we have the same config for the HD4600 but we don't have the same base frequency : maybe it's processor dependent

- I'm stuck to 750MHz : no way to go up or down

Do you renamed your graphic device to IGPU in your DSDT ? In Mavericks, it allowed me to have a better recognition of the Hd4600 frequency. I hope we'll be able to fix that. I'm going to play with this to begin : https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/01/25/applegraphicspowermanagement-sh/

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem

I've recently construct a machine, the specs are: Intel Core i5- Gigabyte B85M-D3H, 4590, Intel HD 4600.
Everything appears to be functioning fine but the base rate of the HD 4600 is just 200MHz, which I found via the Intel Electricity Gadget. I've searched the official Intel files and found the base rate of HD 4600 out should be 350MHz Iris Pro images features a 200MHz base frequency. So my question is how can I allow it to operate under its factory settings instead of low base frequency and fix the base rate of my HD 4600?