DSDT/SSDT Auto-Patcher for Lenovo Y510p Ideapad

intruder16

43 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...

Hi intruder,

I believe you should review the patches in your repo as some of them got updates from the source and now the outdated version in your repo has problems. For example, this patch is updated by Rehabman in his repo and now it does not have this part: 

# rename XHC to XHC1

into device label XHC set_label begin XHC1 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
into_all all code_regex XHC_\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
into_all all code_regex \.XHC, replaceall_matched begin .XHC1, end;

This, because this patch have issues with 10.11. Try to sync the patches to be up-to-date as more and more people will jump to 10.11.

Regards, 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great job. and does it work with the y410p?

I can't say as i don't have a Y410p and no reports from other users too. It might work or might not. You should first try to manually patch your existing DSDT/SSDT's using the patches provided.

DSDT Auto-Patcher for Y510p Updated.

Changelog:

v1.5 (06 Dec 2015) : 
  • Added support for El Caiptan 10.11 & above

• Added support for SmartTouchpad users for both Synaptic & ELAN touchpads

• minor improvements/optimizations

Extremely sorry for the delay. Keep hackintoshing.

DSDT Auto-Patcher for Y510p Updated.

Changelog:

v1.6 (08 Dec 2015) : 
  • Fixed USB patches for El Caiptan 10.11 & above

• Fixed a bug where DSDT won't compile if you did not chose to add "DSDT Debug Methods" but chose "WAK/PTS" or "EC Queries"

• Raised "tmp-1", "tmp-2" folder limit to "tmp-100" (previously upto "tmp-10")

USB should be fully working now (SuperSpeed USB 3.0 & HighSpeed USB 2.0). Also for those using usb wifi, kernel panics while removing usb wifi or turning it off should be fixed. 

Not sure if USB Port Injector is needed.

IMP: (Only for El Capitan 10.11+ usersDon't forget to install FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (included in FakePCID zip) from here.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have this problem . Where i find log file?

Basically the log file(s) are in the newly created tmp folder (tmp-1, tmp-2, ..., etc if you used the script more than once). If you go to that new folder you will see some/all of these log files:

compile.log
decompile.log
patch.log
script_run.log
Each file is name descriptive.

Now to your problem, I can see two things:
  1. The main reason the script is halted is because it cannot find a file (Patch_list.txt) in the location it expect. This is because you ran the script from another directory other than where the script actually at. The script refers to the file Patch_list.txt in a relative path so you have to change the directory to script location first before running the script:

cd ~/Downloads/Y510p-OS-X-master
    ./Y510p.sh -t ~/Desktop/USB_ON

The first post in this thread is clear about how to run the script using [./Y510p.sh -t "target dir"] which cannot be executed before changing directory to where the script is actually at.

2. The lines like the following is an indication of missing SSDT files in the target directory you specified. I remember from a previous conversation with you that you only care about patching DSDT but not SSDTs (not sure why, as the main two SSDTs we have are for graphics and needed to be patched as well).
    grep: tmp/DSDT/Decompiled/SSDT*: No such file or directory

Fix the two things above and try again ...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I exported tables through Clover F4 and copied all to ~/DSDT.
Then ran "MacBookPro:Y510p-OS-X-master olster$ ./Y510p.sh -t ~/DSDT/"
No errors running the script.
But when I check patch.log I see that upon patching step SSDT-1.dsl is missing.

Attaching logs:
Google drive (link)

Thanks!

EDIT: compile.log also has an issue: "Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 2 Remarks, 12 Optimizations

Error    6092 - Could not open file "tmp/DSDT/Decompiled/SSDT-1.dsl" (Source Input) - No such file or directory"

The script will discard some of the not needed SSDTs and rename the rest in order. It will rename SSDT-6 (iGPU) to SSDT-0 and SSDT-7 (dGPU/Nvidia) to SSDT-1. However, if you extracted you ACPI tables while having nvidia disabled in BIOS then SSDT-7 will be absent. Now when you use the script there will be no SSDT-1 (as SSDT-7 is not there to be renamed SSDT-1) and the script will log this. That said, it is not a problem at all and therefore the script terminates correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

hi
i got thous files by "f4 clover boot menu" but the name is different in 3,4 and 5?
i didn't understand how to patch the files

i just followed this post             #666             

is that all what i have to do?
if there is  another process please make it simple like the post up there and give me all the lines that i have to put in terminal to make it done 

thank you

HqavTaN.png

hi

i got thous files by "f4 clover boot menu" but the name is different in 3,4 and 5?...

Files 3,4 & 5 are dynamic and safe to exclude. Don't worry about naming of files. When you run the script it'll match the file for specific keywrords and then patch accordingly.

...i didn't understand how to patch the files

i just followed this post             #666            

is that all what i have to do?

if there is  another process please make it simple like the post up there and give me all the lines that i have to put in terminal to make it done 

thank you

HqavTaN.png

You got it right. When you clone a git with this command "git clone https://github.com/i.../Y510p-OS-X.git"it'll create a folder "Y510p-OS-X". Then follow the commands from the post you tagged. 

If there's any issue, post here.

• 6 months later...