Help with AMD board Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4.0

Pasarel

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have downloaded MaciASL and tried to extract and recompile my DSDT, but of course I got some syntactic errors (two of them, actually) in the process.

I did not have the patience to learn this language and see exactly what is wanted from this DSDT, but I'm confident somebody will be able to help me (or maybe just point me in the right direction).

Background (you may not read this):
What I'm trying to accomplish is to transition from my current setup to a more vanilla one.

I currently run Mavericks 10.9.5, but I could only get full graphics QE/CI with my nVidia GT218 by completely replacing my /S/L/E with the one on a Niresh Mavericks distro. So now you can say that I'm kind of running Niresh 10.9.5.

I have no idea why my setup currently works, but I would also like to transition from Chameleon to Clover, and that is where the patched DSDT also kicks in.

I would like to get rid of the "npci=0x2000" boot flag, but it won't get past the "PCI Configuration begin" stage without it, so currently it's there for a reason.

On the other hand, I would also like to replace my Realtek 8111 driver from Lnx2Mac with Mieze's, but she says it doesn't work because of my npci flag: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/page-45

So any advice is kindly appreciated. I am willing to learn, but have stuck in a loop.

dsdt.zip