Multiple hackintosh issues

FireSokar

8 posts in this topic

Happy weekend everyone!  I was hoping to post in one spot all my issues and maybe prevent myself from opening multiple threads.  Here is a link to my system http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP740U3E-K01UB-specs

Info on OSX install:  10.10.2 vanilla, Clover, DSDT, SSDT

Issue #1) Graphic glitch.  I have tried every single 01660000 - 0166000b option on clover to inject my graphics.  My graphics do work if i leave it as all 0x000000000 and have Inject Intel selected.  The problem is 90% of the time when i boot my graphics are all shredded and its hard to explain.  It also causes the apple logo to look interlaced and multiple copies on the screen.  I have tried a fix that is supposed to resolve that and it does the whole split thing and it comes right back to the normal logo.  When the display is all garbled I set the computer to sleep and wake it right back up and the display is fine - doesnt happen again until I reboot it.  When i set the IGPU value i drop to only 4-7mb of ram on my graphics card but there is no screen glitch other than the system having a slow graphics card.

Issue #2) I have a different thread for this but long story short i've tried codec commander and eapdfix and my audio still goes away about 25% of the time after a sleep.

SOLVED #3) My system will enter sleep fine the first time after 2 minutes and the next time it is woke up it will not enter sleep it shuts off display most of the time and the system still runs. Fixed this by adding a snippet of code to my DSDT.  Once I find the webpage I found i'll link it here.  It is pretty obscure to find.

SOLVED #4) My laptop for some reason hates me and I can not get clover to boot from the hdd.  I have to currently run it from a thumb drive.  I have all the bios settings set so it should allow it but no option under clover will work to get it to boot from hdd.  Fixed this by patching the installer to install as MBR and then installing clover to HDD.

Issue #5) I have backlight keyboard and absolutely hate it.  I always turned it off on windows.  On OSX it remains off until it goes to sleep one time and then it is always on.  I can not control this using the keyboard to turn it down/up/off.  I am using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to get everything up and running on os my keyboard.  My backlight for my display works thanks to a kext file and the sound has always worked as long as i have my patched audio file running.

Issue #1) Graphic glitch.  I have tried every single 01660000 - 0166000b option on clover to inject my graphics.  My graphics do work if i leave it as all 0x000000000 and have Inject Intel selected.  The problem is 90% of the time when i boot my graphics are all shredded and its hard to explain.  It also causes the apple logo to look interlaced and multiple copies on the screen.  I have tried a fix that is supposed to resolve that and it does the whole split thing and it comes right back to the normal logo.  When the display is all garbled I set the computer to sleep and wake it right back up and the display is fine - doesnt happen again until I reboot it.  When i set the IGPU value i drop to only 4-7mb of ram on my graphics card but there is no screen glitch other than the system having a slow graphics card.

You should implement backlight control. There are guides if you search, but the rough idea:

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:

DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:

"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set

- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'

- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

I already have GFX0 to IGPU done and when i did the Brightness Fix just now the screen was too dim and the problem occurred still (I am pretty sure I already used this fix on this DSDT.  Would it help if I post my DSDT, SSDT and my config file?

• 2 weeks later...

I have redone my DSDT and done it in the order you said.  I still end up with my distorted graphics I am trying to fix.  Sleep makes it resync just fine and I have no issues with graphics but it triggers my sound issue.  I have tried your HD4000 High Resolution Fix and got it to boot fine with no glitching but It just gets stuck at the apple logo at about 33% loading.  I can tell it isnt frozen as the screen brightness goes to full and i can tap the enter key and hear the alert sound.

I have redone my DSDT and done it in the order you said.  I still end up with my distorted graphics I am trying to fix.  Sleep makes it resync just fine and I have no issues with graphics but it triggers my sound issue.  I have tried your HD4000 High Resolution Fix and got it to boot fine with no glitching but It just gets stuck at the apple logo at about 33% loading.  I can tell it isnt frozen as the screen brightness goes to full and i can tap the enter key and hear the alert sound.

Which ig-platform-id are you using?

Your signature contains no details on your hardware, so you shouldn't expect much help.

I found injecting HD4000 by DSDT to be more reliable than Clover on a Samsung NP350V5C. Try using this DSDT patch instead of the Clover injection:

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

I found injecting HD4000 by DSDT to be more reliable than Clover on a Samsung NP350V5C. Try using this DSDT patch instead of the Clover injection:

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

I'm not sure if thats the same patch but it looks familiar to Rehab man's Intel HD4000 High Resolution Patch.  I used that with "better" results than clover it still does the freaking out but its less.  I had to switch it from 0x03 to 0x09.

Which ig-platform-id are you using?

Your signature contains no details on your hardware, so you shouldn't expect much help.

Sorry,  I am using an Intel HD4000 mobile and it is running at 1920x1080x32@60.  This would mean I should be using 0x01660004 and above.  When I try to inject this using clover it doesnt load (same with all IG platforms).  If I use your patch for Intel HD4000 high resolution it doesn't work unless I change it to the  (0x09) instead of (0x04).  At that point I see less occurrences but it still happens 75% of the time.