PSP Firmware Downgrader Complete!

2 posts in this topic

It's true everyone, the long wait is over! Another dev named MPH has created the MPH downgrader for v2.0 PSPs, finally allowing a full downgrade to version 1.50! I have tested this on two PSPs and had flawless results, but before we begin, I must say that...

...Although this has been tried and found working, this does not mean there is no risk involved so use at your own risk. I cannot be responsible for any damages caused to your PSP. Read: If you brick your PSP, don't blame me.

Now, let's continue, shall we?

MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE UPGRADED TO VERSION 2.0, I DO NOT KNOW THE RESULTS OF A v1.51 OR v1.52 ATTEMPT

Steps to use the MPH downgrader:

- Create an UPDATE folder in the /PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick

- Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder

- Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip

- Copy overflow.tif in your /PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick

(make sure you have already changed your background to frame_buffer.png as explained in the toc2rta exploit.)

- Copy h.bin to root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/)

- Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/ as well)

- Plug the AC adaptor

You memory stick filesystem should look like this (where X is your memory sticks directory):

X:/h.bin

X:/index.dat

X:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif (with no other pictures in there)

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP (the 1.50 Firmware update eboot)

What you do next is go into the Photo Menu on the PSP and it will show some jumbled text, which is normal. Wait about 30 seconds and then restart your PSP.

From there you will now have a new file in your PSP’s root directory called ms0:/index.dat.bak. In the next step you will go to your Game Menu, Then Memory Stick, and then Launch “PSP Update ver 1.50.”

If you get an error during the downgrade, this is OK. Restart your PSP and turn it back on. It will come up with another error which is OK as well. Restart it again and you will have PSP firmware version 1.50, and it will lead you through setting up language and time etc. Enjoy, and welcome to the world of homebrew, and (legal) gameplay off of your memory stick!

You will need the following files to accomplish this:

=> MPH Downgrader (2.0 to 1.5)

=> PSP v1.5 Firmware

=> TORC Exploit Tutorial

Good luck, and enjoy!