Wake on Wireless not working

mobster1940

6 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I can't seem to wake my Hack from wireless. I have a BCM94360CD WiFi card connected through PCI which works perfect and although system report recognizes it as Airport Extreme and Wake on Wireless shows as supported, when my Hack goes to sleep I can't wake it through WiFi. I used a number of apps to try and wake it including Fing but to no result. Maybe it has to do with some BIOS settings or clover power states but I am not sure. My mobo is a GA-Z87X-UD5H and my cpu is an i7-4770k. Hope somebody can help.

Allan, thanks for the read but it doesn't seem to fix my problem. My Hack goes to sleep ok and wakes when i hit a stroke on keyboard/click mouse. Any other solutions that you can think of? Should my Energy Saver settings include "wake for wifi network access" or is wifi supposedly included in "wake for network access"? 

Allan, I did some digging and found out that wake on wireless only works if you have a Bonjour Sleep Proxy in your network, which means having an airport express/extreme/time capsule or an apple tv connected to your network. Thanks for your time and help.

• Like 1