New MacBook = Yoga 3 pro Hackintosh

altleet

62 posts in this topic

It will inject AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x161e0001.

As to whether that helps you boot with QE/CI depends on a lot of things. Without seeing an ioreg for one of the new Broadwell Macs, we don't really know what they are using.

I would avoid any Clover DSDT "Fixes"...

No sense in patching AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics, although doing so probably has no effect.

Just guessing that there is no support for the new MacBook SMBIOS in Clover, so you'll have to specify all data manually.

Note that so far, QHD+/UHD+ internal displays have required patching the IOKit framework (and control over DMVT pre-alloc in BIOS, and patching the framebuffer data).

thats the id i converted from hex to base 64 and inserted it there.. just that it didn't inject the id at all 

thats the id i converted from hex to base 64 and inserted it there.. just that it didn't inject the id at all

I assume you verified in ioreg. I would probably add some debug code to Clover so you could see what is happening. And it should be noted that various Clover DSDT "Fixes" can cause issues (bugs) with graphics injection.

Also, you can do the injection via DSDT/SSDT patches (_DSM injection).

ok. I see what I did wrong. I didn't install clover to the ESP, so the second EFI partition was never made. I will reinstall clover on this stick properly, since I made the USB drive with that guide(minus the properly doing clover)

did you get it to install properly?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing new Altleet?

Your config.plist t and kexts made me able to install and boot Yosemite. 

But graphic card is wrong, seen as 6100 and slugish and no wifi.

If you got further in your install let us know.

Cheers.

Hey guys, Sorry I've been a little inactive with my progress lately. But I am aware of people who have had success with HD 5500, and our problem seems to be similar, although our bios edit process maybe different. 

But I plan on getting back to it. Meanwhile, I've made a few attempts to get the graphics working but no luck. Seems like we may need a bios edit and change the DVMT alloc to 96MB to stop getting kernel panics and get the drivers working. And by default its at 0, which means its at 32MB. Now time to figure out how this can be done.

feel free to contribute any relative information.

• Like 1

Hey guys, Sorry I've been a little inactive with my progress lately. But I am aware of people who have had success with HD 5500, and our problem seems to be similar, although our bios edit process maybe different. 

But I plan on getting back to it. Meanwhile, I've made a few attempts to get the graphics working but no luck. Seems like we may need a bios edit and change the DVMT alloc to 96MB to stop getting kernel panics and get the drivers working. And by default its at 0, which means its at 32MB. Now time to figure out how this can be done.

feel free to contribute any relative information.

I think some are using a UEFI shell to change the DMVT-prealloc value instead of trying to flash a patched/unlocked BIOS.

Might be worth looking into...

i just extracted the bios using phoenix bios utility.. and then under SetupUtility structure found the PE32+ image section.. extracted it, after that used the IFR Extractor. and finally located the DVMT Pre-Allocated Variable set on this machine its 0x18C and to change it to 96MB will need to change it to 0x3. Will try to with UEFI shell and confirm and see if it works.

Edit 1: Somethings wrong and I am *not* able to access uefi shell on the lenovo.. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong. a few attempts of fail. Will write back later as soon as I get it right..

Edit 2: Apparently my first usb was faulty or something. So I tried changing the value using:" setup_var 0x18c 0x3 "  it says something like Variable found, and that 0x18c is 0x01 and then gives me an error saying cannot set value using efi (error: 0x0000000000001a) seems like I might have to make a bios patch, something I am not familiar with.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i just extracted the bios using phoenix bios utility.. and then under SetupUtility structure found the PE32+ image section.. extracted it, after that used the IFR Extractor. and finally located the DVMT Pre-Allocated Variable set on this machine its 0x18C and to change it to 96MB will need to change it to 0x3. Will try to with UEFI shell and confirm and see if it works.

Edit 1: Somethings wrong and I am *not* able to access uefi shell on the lenovo.. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong. a few attempts of fail. Will write back later as soon as I get it right..

Edit 2: Apparently my first usb was faulty or something. So I tried changing the value using:" setup_var 0x18c 0x3 "  it says something like Variable found, and that 0x18c is 0x01 and then gives me an error saying cannot set value using efi (error: 0x0000000000001a) seems like I might have to make a bios patch, something I am not familiar with.

Are there any updates?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm an Asus UX305 owner / user, but since we share the same CPU and graphics, I was able to use Altleet's Kexts and config playlist from post 54 to install Yosemite on it.

We managed to get graphics working, changing DVMT to 64Mo in the bios, not sure you Yoga owner can do that, enable CSM (which is legacy) and using clover to change ig-platform-id.

Your kext / config.plist helped us, ours might help you.

Most important post is number 123 here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/159314-asus-zenbook-ux305-compatability-13.html

We still have a couple issues, like sleep/wake. But it's working pretty good other than that.

G'luck :)

Hi, I'm an Asus UX305 owner / user, but since we share the same CPU and graphics, I was able to use Altleet's Kexts and config playlist from post 54 to install Yosemite on it.

We managed to get graphics working, changing DVMT to 64Mo in the bios, not sure you Yoga owner can do that, enable CSM (which is legacy) and using clover to change ig-platform-id.

Your kext / config.plist helped us, ours might help you.

Most important post is number 123 here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/159314-asus-zenbook-ux305-compatability-13.html

We still have a couple issues, like sleep/wake. But it's working pretty good other than that.

G'luck :)

DSDT patching will solve the sleep/wake issue. Battery icon also, and some other things

• 1 month later...

So I checked my yoga, and the DVMT looks to be 128 according to windows (Dedicated Memory reads 128MB). This means I should be able to run without KP issues, however I will have to play around to get CI/QE working.

Not really, some aren't able to boot with 128MB Vram, you have to use Linux or EFI Shell to change it ( Linux is recommended )

• 2 months later...

I just tried editing my bios with EFI Shell and encountered the same problem... any suggestions?