Amnesiac

d-_-b

4 posts in this topic

I have done extensive dabbling with logic express 7.2 and the logic pro/express hybrid hack thing. Before I reformatted my HDD , I backed up everything to an external drive. Now that I put Logic back on , it seems to have lost a handful of the effects I was using , specifically a drop-down menu (Inserts>Garageband>XXXX) that had effects for individual instruments like "bathroom mic" for Drums etc.... I really loved that effect and I dont know where I got it from or how to restore it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

PS- I am trying to remember more of the effects . Lo-Fi Snare , Lo-Fi Kick and a whole bunch of single-drum oriented effects. HEEELPP!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I have done extensive dabbling with logic express 7.2 and the logic pro/express hybrid hack thing. Before I reformatted my HDD , I backed up everything to an external drive. Now that I put Logic back on , it seems to have lost a handful of the effects I was using , specifically a drop-down menu (Inserts>Garageband>XXXX) that had effects for individual instruments like "bathroom mic" for Drums etc.... I really loved that effect and I dont know where I got it from or how to restore it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

PS- I am trying to remember more of the effects . Lo-Fi Snare , Lo-Fi Kick and a whole bunch of single-drum oriented effects. HEEELPP!!!

I take it you re-installed garageband before you re-installed logic?

-JD-

I take it you re-installed garageband before you re-installed logic?

-JD-

Hey JD , thanks for being a huge resource to this community. I appreciate the post on the MPC 2500 topic too. I was basically a big fan of your huge thread , i installed alot of stuff from various places , and I had a sweet drop down menu under the Inserts tab on the channel strip that had the instrument effects. I reinstalled everything and I cant find them a anymore. Any ideas ?

Hey JD , thanks for being a huge resource to this community. I appreciate the post on the MPC 2500 topic too. I was basically a big fan of your huge thread , i installed alot of stuff from various places , and I had a sweet drop down menu under the Inserts tab on the channel strip that had the instrument effects. I reinstalled everything and I cant find them a anymore. Any ideas ?

Yeah, normally the garageband instruments are installed and recognised by logic as long as you install garageband first - have a look in your Mac HD>Library>Receipts folder and see if you can find a package called garageband_instruments.pkg (or garageband_instruments_tiger.pkg). If its not there, then that may be the solution to your problem - if it is there, try just clicking and installing it as it just may not have registered with the logic plug-ins set.

Sorry its not a definite answer but its not somethin thats hard to sort out :D

Cheers,

-JD-