Security Update 2015-02 Available for OS X 10.10, 10.9 and 10.8

Allan

14 posts in this topic

Apple has released an important security update for Mac users running a variety of versions of OS X. The small update (Security Update 2015-02)weighs in around 60MB.

VPc.png

What does it patch?

Security Update 2015-02 includes patches to address five different potential security flaws effecting various aspects of OS X.

Users who are interested in learning more about the specific update changes and a description of each patched issue can find details here on Apple Support.

Source: OSX Daily

I have a problem with this update

On shutdown/restart - 9 times out of 10 it hangs.

By hangs I mean I tried waiting several minutes - doesn't complete.

I noticed also when booting with '-v' that it rebuilds kernelcache during boot when nothing's changed.

I'm sure these issues were introduced by this update and weren't before.

Any1 have idea how to revert this update?

EDIT:

I've reverted kernel and System.kext to the ones from 10.10.2 - both problems mentioned above are gone.

EDIT:

This is happening in a virtual machine too.  After checking - the problem seems to be that kextd is running kextcache over and over in an infinite loop.  I tried without unsigned kexts installed and the problem persists.

Has anyone run into this?

Try 'ps -A |grep kext' from a Terminal several times to see if kextd keeps restarting new copies of kextcache.

Edited by Zenith432

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know why but it broke my main HD 10.10.3. Now it' s always stuck at bluetooth transport something (I could not take a pic yet) and if I try with -x it stops and hangs.