10.10.2 - Latest Nvidia Web Drivers KP

sld87

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Running clover for 10.10.2. Install was perfect, upgraded to 10.2 without any issue but Apple defaulted to its drivers because of compatibility, which was fine. However, when nVidia said new drivers were available I updated and now I keep getting KP's. 

How can I remove these drivers from Terminal without knowing exactly what it installed? Or should I try to boot with disabling them and if so, what flags should I boot with.

Very upset as I had no idea a web driver update could bring down a stable install.

Hmmm. Didn't seem to work - even with nv_disable=1. But, I never realised how cool Clover is. With a recovery partition and all my vitals in the EFI, I was able to restore functionality using a Time Machine backup.

Question though, as I don't seem to remember, but where would my DSDT,SSDT have been? On the EFI or on my (now erased) old corrupt install that I broke?

*Edit* Found it, all good was on EFI. The only thing left to do is check if TRIM is on.

PS, has anyone else killed their install with the latest nvidia update?

Me too this update caused me to KP too. I booted to my maintenance partition , and re-instaled the old verstion to my main drive using pacifist.

Its now switched back to the built in os x driver and all is ok.

If i try a newer version i'll try the kernel options to disable web driver next time, but i wasn't aware of them.

Jon

Me too this update caused me to KP too. I booted to my maintenance partition , and re-instaled the old verstion to my main drive using pacifist.

Its now switched back to the built in os x driver and all is ok.

If i try a newer version i'll try the kernel options to disable web driver next time, but i wasn't aware of them.

Jon

Interesting you used Pacifist. I found with Clover's maintenance EFI partition, and a Time Capsule Backup, it restored perfectly without having to use any third party software. With all the guts in the EFI partition, I never knew how easy it could be to restore a backup as no system update goes near your EFI! :)