No Sound after sleep

FireSokar

14 posts in this topic

So I have two different problems.  The first is a graphics issue that forces me to sleep the pc and wake it up right away in order to fix.  So my PC must sleep.  I am currently running yosemite with the AppleHDA and HDEnabler3.kext to get sound.  So for me the sound goes away after sleep.  I am under the impression that I need to run CodecCommander.kext?  I am following rehab's tutorial but my results are not working correctly can someone help me make heads or tales of what i need to enter in this kext? My sleep on the laptop is not a full sleep it sort of just shuts off the display and sits there.

+-o AppleHDAEngineOutput@1B,0,1,1  <class AppleHDAEngineOutput, id 0x1000002e9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 35>

Not sure what you mean by SMBIOS?  I am running clover w/ the AppleHDA patch and HDAEnabler3.  I am running the newest CodecCommander.kext with no settings changed in it.  It works sometimes and if it fails I put it back to sleep and it wakes up with audio.

In my configuration:

if i use iMac smbios i have no problems, but if i use Mac Pro smbios regardless of the models, the sound disappears after the sleep, and use the kext said.

I tried that and it solved another non problem for me (I now have a legit serial type SMBIOS).  I went ahead and tried all models and shook it a few times for a different year / month.  Same issue.  It did however through testing help me see whats occurring.  The times it does not fix the sound the monitor flips right back on with no key presses.  After that occurs it does not sleep long enough and will turn right back on.

I have not asked Mirone on this.  It is an ALC269VC on a laptop with HDEnabler3.kext

I have found that if I unload and load CodecCommander.kext using terminal it resolves the problem.  It almost looks like like I can make a script with http://www.lagentesoft.com/scenario/index.html and never have to think about it again.  If that doesn't work I may just write a menu bar app for anyone else having the same issue.

Installing that now.  Would it be more appropriate to open a second thread to discuss general sleep issues (sleeps first time after 30 seconds from what i understand 20 of which is intentional by apple) on second sleep and later it doesnt truly go to sleep.

Update: does not work.  Is this the same EAPDFix that requires configuration and is listed under the CodecCommander forum as an alternative?

Update2: I ran EAPDFix from the original developer so its updated and I have the same experience as CodecCommander.  It works sometimes and sometimes it does not work.  I tried for it to check the Background.  The only working fix I have found to always work is to use an applescript to reload AppleHDA when it doesn't have audio.  I need to look into a way to cleanly monitor console.log or something similar to see when wakeup is being called and just have AppleHDA unloaded and reloaded.