[GUIDE] Asus X301A HM76 IVY/SANDY BRIDGE Yosemite Clover EFI 100% working.

chriz74

8 posts in this topic

I think this guide will help people install Yosemite on Asus x301a and possibly x401a, x501a intel HM76 (probably also hm70) based laptops both Ivy and Sandy bridge.

1) we need an unlocked MSR bios in order to get native cpu powermanagement, so download and flash your latest bios, restart your pc enter bios press F9 and load optimized setup.

2) download fptw64, open an elevated command prompt in window, change directory to fptw64 one and dump your bios with this command:

fptw64 -d BIOS-Backup.rom -BIOS

Now download uefiPatch from coderush and patch your bios, please pay attention to what the output is, if there is some errors or something. Refer to this post. You should now have an MSR unlocked patched bios that you can flash back with the command...

**** if you are not sure or don't understand what a failed bios flash can do to your pc stop and ask in the forum ****

**** of course the names of the roms are of your choice so modify the commands accordingly ****

fptw64 -f patched.rom -BIOS

after flashing restart the laptop, enter bios and again press F9 to load optimized defaults, also be sure that graphics framebuffer is set to 64MB.

3) create a uefi USB with Yosemite and clover, put these kexts in the clover / kexts / 10.10 directory in efi partion of usb:

FakeSMC.kext 

GenericUSBXHCI.kext

VoodooPS2Controller  > the correct driver for me is Elan  However I think some versions of these notebooks have Alps Touchpad as the Asus support website lists both drivers.

4) start pc from uefi usb (press esc at boot to show boot menu)

5) in clover press F1 to show some options, dump your DSDT with F4.

6) restart pc in windows, download dsdteditor  and mount EFI partition of the USB with clover 

7) open the DSDT in clover / acpi / origin and apply these patches:

- IRQ patch by rehabman

- hd4000 patch (if you have an ivy bridge cpu)

- hd3000 patch  (if you have a Sandy bridge cpu)

- this battery patch 

- asusNBFnkeys BrightnessKeys_Patch

- orange icons patch

compile the DSDT and see if there are errors or warnings, search and apply patches accordingly (e.g. Tx rename patch)

once you have your dsdt.aml put it in efi clover / acpi/ patched

8) restart pc from USB and install Yosemite, when finalizing installation put the time zone manually, tell the pc is not connected to the internet for now.

9) at desktop we need some files:

- dpci manager to install some kexts

- clover and clover configurator to install clover in efi

- ssdtpregen to generate our ssdt (for cpu)

- RealtekRTL8111.kext

- asusNBFnkeys.kext

- this appleHDA kext

- Rehabman acpibacklight kext -> this kext was causing this behavior: http://bit.ly/1LYGOKq. Brightness still works without the kext.

- Rehabman battery kext

- eapd codec commander (you will have to build this one with xcode)

so, install clover into efi in the hard disk (look this other guide of mine for more details on options),

generate your ssdt (install the lan driver first as this script downloads info from the internet while running).

with clover configurator mount efi and put the kexts from the usb on disk.

put the DSDT and SSDT in efi (in clover / acpi / patched on disk)

load the attached config.plist in clover configurator, generate your own smbios (chose macbook air 5.2), export the plist to efi. Note if you are using an SSD please apply the trim kernel patch as per third method in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/

Now install the kexts with dpcimanager, when finished installing reboot from USB and  open uefi shell:

- find your efi partition with fsx: (fs1: , fs2: whatever is yours, check with ls what is the content)

- when your found yours do cd \EFI\CLOVER ; bcfg boot dump ; bcfg boot add 0 CLOVERX64.efi "OSX"

- reboot, press ESC and choose boot from EFI:OSX (the option we just added).

everything should work apart WIFI (you can buy a compatible half mini pcie card, I replaced mine with an Atheros  AR5B93 half mini pcie card, it works out of the box).

Please note: if audio doesn't work you will have to find out the verbs of your codec and replace them in applehda kext.

----- This part is for patching HDMI audio and LVDS screen in HD4000 -----

This is what I did for mine, I have an i7-3630qm with HD4000 graphics.

First thing the DSDT patch for HD4000 video and audio (igpu and hdef). I have id 1660009 of HD4000 in this cpu so I put the same layout id in the DSDT patch. At this moment without patches only the external HDMI monitor will work so I put these patches in config.plist of clover:

for lvds internal video to work

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri 010000000200000030000000 to 050300000200000030000000

for hdmi

HDMI

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri 030400000004000007010000 to 030400000008000006000000

---------------> for that part I followed this guide but put the patches in clover instead of patching the kext.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey I have Hp Envy 4 1104tu and the specs are,

CPU: INTEL i5 3317u

GPU: INTEL HD4000

mSATA SSD 256GB samsung

I need help installing yosemite on it (I am new to hackintosh)

Thank You.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for your tutorial. It's been a long time that i wanted to write down a working tutorial on how to install Yosemite on an Asus X301a. 

I already installed it with success with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] one year ago but i can't remember how. 

Now I got troubles reaching the installer. I tried both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and clover's method :

- On [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] i got a "107 malformed bundle" error code

NEXT STEP : I will try with a patched DSDT and with an HDMI connected.

- On clover : , Kernel Panic on Clover. No spinning wheel, i may have skipped something...

Could you please precise the Clover's USB creating process ? Is it a standard install ? Which option did you tick? 

How to process in order to dual boot my X301A with windows, precisely on the EFI level ? Which format do i have to choose to install YM?

MBR ? GUID ?

If you could bring more informations about the pre-installing steps, i would be gratefull ....

Thanks !

Hi,

Thanks for your tutorial. It's been a long time that i wanted to write down a working tutorial on how to install Yosemite on an Asus X301a. 

I already installed it with success with ##### one year ago but i can't remember how. 

Now I got troubles reaching the installer. I tried both ##### and clover's method :

- On ##### i got a "107 malformed bundle" error code

NEXT STEP : I will try with a patched DSDT and with an HDMI connected.

- On clover : , Kernel Panic on Clover. No spinning wheel, i may have skipped something...

Could you please precise the Clover's USB creating process ? Is it a standard install ? Which option did you tick? 

How to process in order to dual boot my X301A with windows, precisely on the EFI level ? Which format do i have to choose to install YM?

MBR ? GUID ?

If you could bring more informations about the pre-installing steps, i would be gratefull ....

Thanks !

Sorry I can't remember, you have to make an EFI usb with clover and put the kexts there, I don't know about dual boot. I am only booting OSX.

Hey Chriz74,

Already put the needed kexts (Fakesmc, mouse and dunno what), but it's not working straight as ur config. If u suddenly remember, keep me posted.

Thanks

Did you unlock the bios first? If not the kernel will panic over cpu power management