Dell Precision T5500 DSDT

wadedos

10 posts in this topic

Link to install thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304820-clover-yosemite-install-precision-t5500/

Been having problems with my DSDT and getting Yosemite to load my AMD 6860 graphics card with dev id 0x6739.

Its has booted successfully with CI/QE three times so far perfectly but the Clover DSDT fixes never seem to keep working after a reboot. Even when i reapply them.

The Clover DSDT Mask fixes i applied where:

• Fix Darwin
  • Fix Display
  • Del Unused

Edit: I have attached my original DSDT, as well as the patched DSDT and the T7500 patch I have been using.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks  :)

T5500.zip

• 1 month later...

frik... did you get yours working? I have a dell t5500 too and am having a heck of a time getting yosemite to work on it (i'm on my 5th os reinstall because after running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] i get the grey circle with line through it even if i boot from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] usb. If i run in verbose mode it hangs like yours on Waiting for Root device. I tied to download the zip files in this post so i can try to use the dsdt with my system but just get an error saying the attachments can't be found.  this is my first xeon and I'm having a heck of a time i'm assuming since i don't have the proper kexts but i have no idea what kexts i should use. i have been running on my i7 core for years now without this many issues (since snow leopard) can anyone point me in the right direction?

• 6 months later...

Do you still want a copy of the DSDT ? I was only able to get 10.9.5 working however. 10.10 worked on my T5500 with my DSDT fixes but would only work with safe mode. Going to try install 10.11 soon.

• 9 months later...

Hi wadedos,

Very useful thread - thanks for this.   It helped with my T5500 and El Capitan but I am struggling with two issues.  I cannot get the sound (ADI 198x) or onboard ethernet lan (Broadcom 57XX Gigabit) working.  Have wireless through a TP-LINK WN881ND but struggling otherwise.  If you are still around and using the T5500, I would be interested in any advice.  Thanks

Stefan

T5500 - 2 x X5675, 36GB, Dual boot Win 10 & El Capitan via Clover, Firepro V4800

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm trying to iron out this graphics issue with the T5500 Running 10.10.5.  I'm experiencing reboots and crashes to the login screen within 3 minuets of being logged in.  I was originally using Mac Pro 5,1 which most closely matches my hardware.  I've found that changing the SMBIOS to mac pro 3,1 helps considerably.  With the SMBIOS change the system seems more stable.  It may have crashed once.  I'm only using it for short times.  However there is a noticeable latency with the video.  I recall reading somewhere that there was a work around for this.  It was mentioned i could find it on the yosemite zone web sight.  However I haven't found it there or on google.  I'm not sure I even found the official yosemite zone web sight.  

I've tried different video cards I have gotten working with other Hacks.  All yield the same results. 

I'm curious/confused about the PCIRootUID=X argument.  I'm aware in the DSDT it is listed as 4 (under PCI0).  I have been instructed to change it from 4 to 0 on past Dells.  I recently read on the forum that Chameleon will detect the PCIRootUID=X in the DSDT if it is formatted a specific way.  Which mine is.  I am assuming clover operates the same way:

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Device (PCI0)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03") /* PCI Bus */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, 0x04)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_BBN, Zero)  // _BBN: BIOS Bus Number
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                0x0D, 
                0x05

Furthermore I have Device (AMW0) listed as UID=0 if i'm not mistaken:

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Device (AMW0)
        {
            Mutex (WMIX, 0x01)
            Name (_HID, "PNP0C14" /* Windows Management Instrumentation Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, Zero)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Method (STBY, 3, NotSerialized)
            {
                CreateByteField (Arg0, Arg1, TMP)
                Store (Arg2, TMP) /* \_SB_.AMW0.STBY.TMP_ */
            }

My Graphics card is on PCI2.  This machine has a 64-Bit PCI slot listed as PCI7 could this be causing issues?

I'm running a Vanilla installation using only FakeSMC

bootflags: npci=0x2000 dart=0 ktext_dev_mode=1

Kernel and Kext patches Apple RTC,  Asus AICPUPM,  

Edit:  I switched to 10.12.1 Sierra now.  Having similar symptoms except I can't get the desktop unless I us nv_disable=1. 

When booting with nv_disable=1, I'm seeing _UID 0 in the properties of PCI0@0.  Wether I boot with PCIRootUID=4 or not.  Am I reading this correctly?  I'm no expert however it appears there is some sort of conflict between PCI0 and AMW0.  Am I onto something?  Removing AMW0 from the dsdt made the computer restart half way through the booting process.

DSDT Min.aml.zip

T5500.ioreg.zip