331 posts in this topic

sorry I hope that helped somehow :/

all i did was editing the ig-platform-id with clover configurator, is there something i did miss ? I'm quite new to clover.  

this hex code here is from the i7 5557U CPU

ig-platform-id = 0x162b0004
 0400 2b16 0003 0303 0000 2002 0000 5001 // 34MB BIOS-allocated memory, 21MB frame buffer memory
 0000 0060 9914 0000 9914 0000 0000 0000 // 1536MB VRAM
 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0800 0200 0000 = LVDS connector
 1100 0000 0105 0900 0004 0000 0705 0000 = DisplayPort connector
 0204 0a00 0004 0000 0705 0000 ff00 0000 = DisplayPort connector
 0100 0000 4000 0000 560b 0000 0505 0500 = Disabled / unused VGA connector
 0000 0000 0500 0000 0000 0000 0400 0000

how exactly do i make use of it with clover? do i insert all of it into the hex code field (including " //34MB Bios-Allocated memory" etc) or just the code or what? :o

No you shouldnt need the hex code. I think it should really just be a matter of switching out the ig platform id. 0x162b0004 for example. 

well 0x162b0004 alone isn't working. altough this is the correct ig-platform id. 

but OS X does not recognise the CPU itself either, any idea how to configure the cpu?

i hope clover gets updated to broadwell soon.

Do you guys know a USB bluetooth dongle that will work?  I tried an Insignia NS-PCY5BMA but had no luck editing the kexts with the proper ids.  Also has anyone noticed the sound device is analog?  I find it hard to believe.  And if anyone was interested I purchased these tools to open my cc2 and they worked well without causing any damage. http://www.amazon.com/Kaisi-16-piece-Precision-Screwdriver-Devices/dp/B00E3CHLLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439667745&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+tools

Pretty cheap too.

*EDIT* Just going through the thread again, as some of these questions have probably been answered.

Hi!

I believe I have the Haswell I7, it's shows up as I7-4558U using dxdiag..

What are the best options for upgrading both memory and wifi ?

Would this memory work:

https://www.fcomputer.dk/hardware/ram/pny/optima-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-pc3-12800-sodimm-cl11.html?gclid=CJjYsr_hr8cCFWQNcwodMIkO8Q

What internal wifi card to get ? Did Wacom change the slot that the wifi card goes in at some point ?

Ordered the tools that Chris8484 recommended.. Any additional tips on how to best disassemble the CC2, without breaking it ?

Many thanks in advance!

*EDIT* Just going through the thread again, as some of these questions have probably been answered.

Hi!

I believe I have the Haswell I7, it's shows up as I7-4558U using dxdiag..

What are the best options for upgrading both memory and wifi ?

Would this memory work:

https://www.fcomputer.dk/hardware/ram/pny/optima-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-pc3-12800-sodimm-cl11.html?gclid=CJjYsr_hr8cCFWQNcwodMIkO8Q

What internal wifi card to get ? Did Wacom change the slot that the wifi card goes in at some point ?

Ordered the tools that Chris8484 recommended.. Any additional tips on how to best disassemble the CC2, without breaking it ?

Many thanks in advance!

Hey there SoerenL,

That RAM stick that you posted the link for will work fine.  For Wifi, we found this one to be compatible (and economical) https://partstore.com/Part/Lenovo/Lenovo/20200480/Refurbished.aspx.  Wacom changed their wifi card and connection to the NGFF standard, which limits your options on what wifi card you can use.  But that link will work for you.  Be sure to read Mactabletman's instructions and download his installation pack.  There is a particular kext that you need from Rehabman to make the Wifi card work.  

As far as not breaking anything when trying to get the black caps off the bottom to open the CC2 up, Mactabletman outlines the disassembly and how to approach it in his blog:  http://thinkinginteraflops.blogspot.com  

Reading the blog, looking at the pictures and heeding the warning is still not going to prepare you to perfectly execute getting those caps off the bottom, which is by far the toughest part.  I followed it as well as I could and listened to the advice on how to pry the smaller caps off and I also busted the clips.  They're a pain in the arse and glued down as well as clipped in,  which makes it harder to cleanly detach them and hard to tell if you have moved the clip the right distance to clear the hole, because the cap doesn't spring up thanks to the glue.  I had some of that 3M double-sided sticker tape used to mount MacBook Pro display glass and reattached them that way.  So it worked out in the end, but I'll always know in my mind that they're attached thanks to a band-aid of sorts.

Good luck to you, use finesse, don't get frazzled and don't worry if a clip gets snapped.

To everyone:

I attached an external monitor and all the sudden had choppy graphics performance, which persisted through several restarts.  If this happens to you, go to /Library/Preferences and move com.apple.windowserver.plist to the trash or to your desktop (and delete the original from the preferences folder) and then restart.  It fixed the issue for me.  I also moved com.apple.powermanagement.plist to the trash, but not entirely sure I needed to, so start with the com.apple.windowserver.plist file.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that chuppiejones!!

I decided to skip opening the CC2, at least for now. At the moment all I need OSX for, is Unity and Xcode, and currently 8GB of memory is enough for my needs.

I have Yosemite 10.10.4 running at the moment, using Edimax EW-7811Un and a SSD in a combined HDD / USB hub enclosure:

http://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Ports-Enclosure-Supported-Tool-Free/dp/B00T2ODFCU

At the moment the only 2 small nagging things, both have to do with booting:

1. It doesn't boot to the screen where I can select what to boot, unless the USB stick is connected (the one I used to install Yosemite from).

2. Bluetooth and Wacom pen doesn't work on the boot selection screen, so I can't boot without a USB keyboard.. Any way around that ?

Thanks!!

Oh.. this was already explained by munakib:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297118-surface-pro-how-to-boot-into-clover-directly-from-ssd-guide/

Big thanks to mactabletman, chuppiejones, JahStories, and everybody else who contributed to figure this stuff out!! :)

1. It doesn't boot to the screen where I can select what to boot, unless the USB stick is connected (the one I used to install Yosemite from).

2. Bluetooth and Wacom pen doesn't work on the boot selection screen, so I can't boot without a USB keyboard.. Any way around that ?

can someone of you guys upload the recovery partition of the cc2? 

what you need : 15min of your time and a 8gb usb drive

open search box and search for recovery drive, leave checkbox checked to copy recovery drive to usb, click next. wait for it to finish. upload content of usb to cloud/filehost

this would save my ass because i can't get hybrid mode work again because I've lost my usb backup of said partition >.<

sending the device to wacom would cost me about 300.-

pleaaaase help me if you got some spare time

hi

can somebody point out how to get my wifi work on the 5ghz band? I have the Lenovo wifi card which is working otherwise perfectly. As far as I remember I read somewhere you need to change the country code of the card to get access to all bands. But how? Are there tutorials on this one?

Btw, have you noticed that the cintig consumes the battery even when off. I've had several times an empty battery after the cintiq wasn't in use for couple of weeks. Shouldn't be normal, what do you think?

Hi,

I tried the installation procedure as described but I am running into a problem.

First I have used the newest clover and I have also tried Clover_v2.3k_r3185, which I did not find in the article but on the internet. 

Everything goes well. I format my sandisk usb 3.0 32GB ultra fit drive, with GUID and name it Yosemite. I then run the terminal command and it starts copying. When it says it is done I start clover with the settings as on the first page of this forum message. I then copy the files to the newly created EFI drive. So far so good.

When I put the usb drive into the companion 2 and boot it I see the clover install screen (after the bios changes) and when I select the first icon (install osx) it displays an apple logo for a couple of seconds, then a bar comes underneath and it reboots to the clover install screen again.... I am not getting past this.

Have I done something wrong, did I forget something?

I wanted to upload a video but I am not allowed so here is a link to the video

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

greetings,

Aaron

PS. tried another usb drive to, same results

PSS. I have the i7 8GB 256GB intel HD graphics 6100

At the moment the only 2 small nagging things, both have to do with booting:

Thanks!!

1. Go into osx and install clover to the internal ssd.

2. customize the config file to auto boot into the preferred partition. Sorry no way to select one without keyboard for now, wish clover had touch.

hi

can somebody point out how to get my wifi work on the 5ghz band? I have the Lenovo wifi card which is working otherwise perfectly. As far as I remember I read somewhere you need to change the country code of the card to get access to all bands. But how? Are there tutorials on this one?

Btw, have you noticed that the cintig consumes the battery even when off. I've had several times an empty battery after the cintiq wasn't in use for couple of weeks. Shouldn't be normal, what do you think?

Not sure about wifi, will have to see what mine is running at, but never had any problems with it being slow. Also yes ive noticed the drain when its off also, seems to be fast. Strange..

Sorry Minesekt I deleted that partition, but im pretty sure I had hybrid mode working in windows after reinstalling. I believe you have to update some graphics drivers. It was a bit buggy tho.

Hi,

I tried the installation procedure as described but I am running into a problem.

First I have used the newest clover and I have also tried Clover_v2.3k_r3185, which I did not find in the article but on the internet. 

Everything goes well. I format my sandisk usb 3.0 32GB ultra fit drive, with GUID and name it Yosemite. I then run the terminal command and it starts copying. When it says it is done I start clover with the settings as on the first page of this forum message. I then copy the files to the newly created EFI drive. So far so good.

When I put the usb drive into the companion 2 and boot it I see the clover install screen (after the bios changes) and when I select the first icon (install osx) it displays an apple logo for a couple of seconds, then a bar comes underneath and it reboots to the clover install screen again.... I am not getting past this.

Have I done something wrong, did I forget something?

I wanted to upload a video but I am not allowed so here is a link to the video

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

greetings,

Aaron

PS. tried another usb drive to, same results

PSS. I have the i7 8GB 256GB intel HD graphics 6100

I had the same issue but was able to get past it using the "good' EFI from Alleyway.

See this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304755-cintiq-companion-2/?p=2149309

The next problem you will have is getting the graphics card/acceleration working. 

Thats where I am stuck! Would absolutely love to be running OS X on this thing but without that its almost unusable!

Hope that someone on here can figure it out!

Hi cjames,

Thanks, I will try this. shame for the graphics, so this is a problem with the version we have? No wizzards with an i7 hd 6100 :-) 

I will let you know how it goes.

Aaron

Hope it solves your problem.

We need some wizard to figure out the graphics card problem with the i7 models!

I was thinking about trying to do an instal of El Capitan. Has anyone tried it out yet?

I did the public release beta of el capitan and it didnt have pen support I cant speak for the graphics acceleration of your card however, give it a shot and if it works for graphics it might be a matter of switching out the kexts from el capitan with yosemite. 

It would seem the macbook pro 13 inch from early 2015 has 6100 graphics so implementing smbios of 12,1 somehow might help. Not sure if you all have tried it yet. 

I did the public release beta of el capitan and it didnt have pen support I cant speak for the graphics acceleration of your card however, give it a shot and if it works for graphics it might be a matter of switching out the kexts from el capitan with yosemite. 

It would seem the macbook pro 13 inch from early 2015 has 6100 graphics so implementing smbios of 12,1 somehow might help. Not sure if you all have tried it yet. 

Thanks, mactabletman. 

Not sure if I am doing this right but in the EFI>EFI>Clover>config.plist I changed the smbios settings to macbook pro 12,1 settings:

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>

<string>03/24/2015</string>

<key>BiosVendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<string>MBP121.88Z.0167.B02.1503241251</string>

<key>Board-ID</key>

<string>Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6</string>

<key>BoardManufacturer</key>

<key>BoardType</key>

<integer>10</integer>

<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>

<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>

<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>

<key>ChassisType</key>

<string>08</string>

<key>Family</key>

<string>MacBook Pro</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<key>Mobile</key>

<true/>

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>MacBookPro12,1</string>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>C02XXXXXFVH3</string>  <-I entered a serial # here before saving. 

<key>Trust</key>

<false/>

<key>Version</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

After restarting and going to about this mac it now says Macbook Pro but has Processor: 3.09 GHZ Unknown      Graphics: Unknown 14 MB      Serial Number: Unknown

Am I missing something or did I not change the right things. 

hmm its a start but i believe its more than that.  Clover configurator usually can put all the parameters in for you but they dont have the 12,1 profile yet. You can probably look up the variables with a google search. Not sure how big of a difference it will make but its a start. I would look into that model of macbook as it matches the specs of your machine the closest, at least graphics card wise. Also knowing there is a macbook with the 6100 would lead me to believe it should work.