Having trouble with installation

rsmith2904

2 posts in this topic

This is my own build, or maybe I should say re-build.  I had originally built it for my wife who never used it.

It was running Windows 7 when I got fed up with Microsoft and gutted the comouter.

Anyway, here's what I've got:

Micro ATX case with 550w power supply

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Mobo

Onboard graphics & sound

AMD FX 6350 Vischera 6 core @3.8ghz

16gb DDR3-1333

WD Red 1TB HD

Mod-CD

Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Set of installation instructions copied from Hackintosh.com

My problem is:

I follow the instructions and start with the MOD-CD and when it gets to the part where I swap the mod-cd and insert Snow Leopard, wait for the cd to be recognised by the system, press F5, and here's where it goes goofy.

The instructions say when the mod-cd recognizes the OS X disc, press enter and watch the black & white DOS screen until it says press any key to continue, and then swap the mod-cd and OS X disk again, as the system reboots.  I do that, and when the system reboots, it doesn't pick up the mod-cd disk and boot from it.  Instead, it bypasses any boot disk and goes on to a DOS screen which, at the bottom of the screen says "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and then it stops.  Nothing else happens.

I read a set of instructions that are basically the same, only it said that after pressing F5, the OS X indication would be there and to select it by clicking on that logo and then hit enter.  I don't think that I had a mouse arrow showing, so I also don't think that I could have done that.

Anyway, that's where I'm at and would sure like a bit of help to get this done.

Thanks,

Ray