Help with HD3000 and battery

Don Los Kenitres

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my laptop screen not being recognized thus disabling the luminosity control, which was working fine before i updated to 10.9.5

so i guess i have to fix it using DSDT, i extracted my DSDT and tried one of RehabMan's patches and it gave me this error

7798, 6114, Result is not used, operator has no effect

and i don't know for the life of me how to fix it

I tried to use this dude's DSDT but it broke my install so i removed it (same laptop, different specs i guess), i tried to imitate the edits he did on his DSDT but they didn't look really the same, so maybe one of you experts can help me on this

also, the battery isn't recognized, sleep doesn't work

my specs are:

PB Easynote TS44 HR-250 FR:
Intel i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Resolution: 1366x768)
Broadcom BCM57785 LAN | Atheros AR9287 Wireless (AR5B97) | Intel HDA (ALC269)
Elantech Touchpad (Multi-touch/Gestures) | Intel HM65 Chipset

i'm using RehabMan's SSDT for my 2450M

Thank you.

dsdt.aml.zip

Turns out, i was wrong, Sleep works fine without a DSDT, it just takes longer than i expected

--

hello

if u want can try this one

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

good hack

THANK YOU! The laptop screen is finally recognized, the battery is properly detected, and the boot time is noticeably faster

but the brightness control doesn't work, no matter how muchi click on the keyboard shortcut or from the preferences pan, the changes doesn't take effect and the screen stays bright. And when i use the shortcut, the icon shows up, and the indicator goes up and down but it slows the system down, like, it's lagging whenever i click on it..

That's the only thing i need now to complete my OS X install, please help

Turns out, i was wrong, Sleep works fine without a DSDT, it just takes longer than i expected

--

THANK YOU! The laptop screen is finally recognized, the battery is properly detected, and the boot time is noticeably faster

but the brightness control doesn't work, no matter how muchi click on the keyboard shortcut or from the preferences pan, the changes doesn't take effect and the screen stays bright. And when i use the shortcut, the icon shows up, and the indicator goes up and down but it slows the system down, like, it's lagging whenever i click on it..

That's the only thing i need now to complete my OS X install, please help

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:

DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:

"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set

- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'

- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

• Like 1

RehabMan, I was hoping you'd reply.

i tried what you wrote, i get 3 errors now:

3262, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)

in: _SB > PCI0 > LPCB > EC0 > PNLF > _DOS

i'm not sure what does that exactly mean

and

9724, 6084, Object does not exist (IGFX)
9734, 6084, Object does not exist (IGFX)

I'm not sure what to do here, i think i thought of replacing IGFX with IGPU in those lines but I can't compile the DSDT with the first error, so I didn't test that

What do you think?

--

PS: I applied those patches to the DSDT @artur-pt had made, if that makes any difference (?)

RehabMan, I was hoping you'd reply.

i tried what you wrote, i get 3 errors now:

3262, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)
in: _SB > PCI0 > LPCB > EC0 > PNLF > _DOS

You probably don't need the method _DOS at all, but your _DOS is likely in an SSDT.

You can access it provided the SSDT is included in your final patched set (assuming you're dropping OEM SSDTs) and you use External.

Usually like this:

External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)

i'm not sure what does that exactly mean

and

9724, 6084, Object does not exist (IGFX)
9734, 6084, Object does not exist (IGFX)
I'm not sure what to do here, i think i thought of replacing IGFX with IGPU in those lines but I can't compile the DSDT with the first error, so I didn't test that

What do you think?

--

PS: I applied those patches to the DSDT @artur-pt had made, if that makes any difference (?)

Be careful not to attempt "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" if you've already renamed GFX0 to IGPU.

You probably don't need the method _DOS at all, but your _DOS is likely in an SSDT.

You can access it provided the SSDT is included in your final patched set (assuming you're dropping OEM SSDTs) and you use External.

Usually like this:

External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)

That did the trick. works flawlessly now.

Thank you very much, i really appreciate it.