Installed Yosemite with clover - can boot only with USB (boot0 error)

james341

53 posts in this topic

Share the Below details,

Which is your BOOT MODE (UEFI/LEGACY/UEFI+LEGACY)?

Windows installation was done in which mode (UEFI/Legacy)?

Note: UEFI Boot means, you will point to the boot file instead of selecting the hardware names in BBS/BIOS Boot priority. In legacy mode hardware names will be visible and able to select it for boot.

• Like 1

First of all thanks for all your help ....I think it's a UEFI mood, Aldo I'm not sure what do you mean by point to the boot file , in my boot options I have a names of the SSD's . Is there a screen shot I can make so you can check that I'm not wrong with what I'm saying?

Before starting the installation you should have to decide which boot mode you are going to use, why because the installation and post installation tasks are different for both modes (UEFI & Legacy). 

These two (UEFI & Legacy) are two types boot modes. You can try googling to get better idea on this. The boot loader "CLOVER" will support both UEFI and Legacy, but we  have to select the required options while installing CLOVER to USB/HDD. Other boot loaders like Chameleon will support only Legacy Boot Modes. You can set which mode you would like to use under "BIOS Features ==> Boot Mode Selection" in your BIOS.

BIOS Mode Booting Process;

BIOS>MBR>PBR>boot>CLOVERX64.efi>OSLoader

UEFI Mode Booting Process;

UEFI>CLOVERX64.efi>OSLoader

If you are planning to use UEFI Mode, then you should have to make UEFI bootable USBs for OS X as well as Windows.

If you are planning to use BIOS Mode, then you should have to make Legacy Bootable USBs for OS X as well as Windows.

UEFI is the latest boot mode and it is bit fast in booting as compared to Legacy.

So first you take a decision on which Boot Mode you would like to use in your system and set that Mode in your BIOS. Then we will continue further. Please don't take a decision to use UEFI and Legacy.

Good Luck...!