Yosemite freeze at Userlogon after Installation (Dell Optiplex 755)

DieterWo

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

i'm a new User here.

I tried to install a Yosemite on a Dell Optiplex 755. I installed with Clover, and after a few problems during installation it worked.
When I use the system after installation, the only times I can start the location, language, and adjust the keyboard and everything seems to work.
But when I try to perform a reboot, it hangs right after the user login. First, the hard disk works a bit, but then nothing seems to happen.
I did a little searching on the forums and came across references, suggesting that there may be an error in the graphics switching. But I'm not sure myself.
But in the recovery installation, I can boot without problems.

What can I do to locate the problem? I am using an AMD / ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, but still have the internal graphics card, an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100. Which one should I take?

Can any of you help me? Do you have to install as any extension?

Thank you for your help.

Dieter

Dieter,

I am trying to install on Dell 755 .bios A19.

I got a USB Maverick to boot once.

After hours of tweaking but nothing boots now. What did you use for bootloader.

what is your bios setting?

Dieter,

I have Yose installed on Tosh laptop and it will only run after bios reset !

• Like 1

@artur-pt: that can be right. But at time i use the Amd-card, with the Same problem.

@nedreck:

I use as bootloader Clover. For installation it works for me, so i think it must also work for regular booting. The hint with biosreset is good. I try it tomorrow.

It's tricky to locate the error without an errormessage or a log.

Okay, today i look on my bios, and i see A04. Oh, it's realy old. But it's better to change to a new one, or leave it at A04? I don't know if a can go back after updating the bios. From Dell i can get A19, A21 or A22. I see some articles, where people says the A19 where better for osx, but i don't know.