10.4.9 the last update for Tiger

bliss

11 posts in this topic

So 10.4.9 is the next and last update for Tiger.

What do you think when will it arrive? Rumors say that Apple will release Leopard in January so the 10.4.9 could arrive in November or early December - or maybe parallel with Leopard? Would this make sense?

Or do you think Apple needs time because it's the last one and has to be mature?

I personally hope that this version will run on hackintoshs' including the kernel and rosetta.

what do you think?

you surely dont mean apple will let it run on hackintosh!? :thumbsdown_anim:

I meant that the hacked version of 10.4.9 will possibly the last OSX version for hackintosh :)

and im hoping that all will be hacked also kernel and rosetta. that we get a good last hackintosh os before we go back to our stupid coulourless windows or candy vista.

heh... well, there is significant progress being made with the 10.4.7 kernel as we speak.

afaik the problem with 10.4.8 rosetta is that it has a dependency on 10.4.8 kernel - there is no 'encryption' which is stopping us - indeed r2d2.kext is properly decrypting translate and translated, but they're then failing due to us not having kernel 10.4.8

I will probably, continue to run OSX on me Hackintosh, till I get a new iMac or maybe the Mac Desktop (if it is ever released).

I am sure mostly everybody else also will

The kernel, I hope will get cracked soon after 10.4.9 is released. All I know my JaS 10.4.6 is not bad. Cant complain too much about speed etc. Just hope we see MacVidia soon with QE/CI.

Oh well, I can hope my iMac will come soon.

I don't believe this is the last point update for Tiger. Apple has been rather rapid with the updates since Tiger was released in April of 2005, much of the updates have been accelerated since with the release of OS X Tiger for Intel. We should take into account that the point update number does not matter and because Tiger has turned out to be such a pivotal release we will probably see a 10.4.10, 10.4.11 etc.

I see Leopard also having a lot of point maintenance updates too since major releases of OS X begin to widen.

that we get a good last hackintosh os before we go back to our stupid coulourless windows or candy vista.

why do you need to go back with windows?

if Leopard will not be hacked, i'll use my currect Tiger, it's a lot better than any windows.... even with our old kernel.

why do you need to go back with windows?

if Leopard will not be hacked, i'll use my currect Tiger, it's a lot better than any windows.... even with our old kernel.

To me, I spend more time in Windows than OSX, solely because I am a gamer and well MacVidia isn't done yet. So I am in a waiting pattern to be able to fully enjoy OSX86. Truly too, Vista is okay. It isn't that bad aside from the fact it is a semi-resource hog.

-Neospy

I will probably, continue to run OSX on me Hackintosh, till I get a new iMac or maybe the Mac Desktop (if it is ever released).

Don't hold your breath for that release. The Core2 Duo iMacs are going to fit the needs of most people and the serious user will go for a Mac Pro. The high end iMac is roughly $2K, and the "low" end mac pro is also roughly $2K, there simply isn't a price point to put it at.

The 4 quadrant model for apple's products has been the way of things for something like 7 years (consumer portable, consumer desktop, pro portable, pro desktop). They simplified their product line a long time ago and their only experiements away from that (ex. G4 Cube) have failed (even if they spawned a crazy cult following)

Not a flame here, just saying I'd put money on it that we won't see it. If people want a conroe mac, I think they'll have to build it. :)

You are probably right toddicus. But neway, I can hope right.

Anyway, regarding the upgrade-bility of the iMac, I wonder, if I am actually, gonna upgrade nething except RAM or HDD. I look at my 2002 baby, and realize, that I have upgraded only, my HDD and put in a DVD ROM. Of course my CPU blew up, so , that too.

Anyways, I live, right next to the sea. Has neone had ne humidity problems with the Mac. Here normal humidity is 80-90%

It is nice to think that it should be easier to upgrade processors in Macs now. I've been a user since I bought my first Mac Plus and it's never bothered me that much, proc. upgrades are pretty major and I never really had a need, guess I just didn't think that way. But with people already having put C2D meroms in their early 2006 imacs and websites testing clovertons (quad-core Xeon) in Mac Pros, it's an exciting prospect. Get a dual 2.0 Ghz mac pro now, and in a year or two drop in two quad-core 2.5 Ghz clovertons. Twice the machine overnight. (essentially, esp. for my line of video work)