Clover won't boot on ASUS P8P67+i72600

alucarders

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I've followed the guide and got almost everything working on my hackintosh. But I can't boot from hdd despite all chosen settings in clover (but USB stick works). I've downloaded the latest version of Clover, installed on EFI partition of my HDD, but neither UEFI nor legacy mode work. I got only blinking cursor in the top left corner on the black screen and nothing more.
Can someone help me please?

BTW, when I open BIOS settings I can see that my USB stick is recognised as UEFI partition but my HDD is not UEFI. 

My specs: ASUS P8P67, Intel i7-2600, 8Gb RAM, ATI HD5670, 1Tb Seagate drive.

Hi guys!

I've followed the guide and got almost everything working on my hackintosh. But I can't boot from hdd despite all chosen settings in clover (but USB stick works). I've downloaded the latest version of Clover, installed on EFI partition of my HDD, but neither UEFI nor legacy mode work. I got only blinking cursor in the top left corner on the black screen and nothing more.

Can someone help me please?

BTW, when I open BIOS settings I can see that my USB stick is recognised as UEFI partition but my HDD is not UEFI. 

My specs: ASUS P8P67, Intel i7-2600, 8Gb RAM, ATI HD5670, 1Tb Seagate drive.

u need Copy EFI in USB  move to EFI ( Partition HDD ) ..

and boot with USB > add clover option :D and unplug usb > work

post-1375476-0-37818600-1424092573_thumb.png

Contents of my EFI folders on USB and HDD are the same (except for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, which is present on USB but not on HDD).

But I believe that in boot option I chose normal (not UEFI) boot from USB and it worked. Maybe I need to install bootloader (boot0af or boot0ss) for legacy boot? I just can't understand why UEFI is not working on my build :(

I've managed to solve this error by installing Clover in legacy mode.

The only thing is that now I have p-state stepper error (drop OEM didn't work) if I do not change my SMBios to mac 13,1 (in autodetect it detects as mac 12,1). I've tried to manually add the system definition in config.plist, but it didn't work. So now I'm able to boot from HDD, but I always have to change sys.definiton.

Is there any other way to fix it?

Thanks

1. install clover in UEFI mode with CsmVideoDxe-64.efi , HFSPlus.efi , OSXAptioFixDrv-64.efi , OSXFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

2. shellX64.efi needs to be present on the root of the EFI partition (no matter if it's a USB stick or your HDD)

3. proper config.plist