Clover Hangs at Scanning entries / software raid

TheArmLessWonder

2 posts in this topic

Hello every one,

I had an old software raid set on 4 drives (strip) back from 10.6 and used it 100% till 10.8 then went to 10.10.2 and it still worked. This raid is not where the booting is taking place, data drive only. Have SSD for the OS.  So all 4 drives are in a strip for data drive. 

So I just got 4 more drives to replace my old ones and created the same thing. Clover is hanging at scanning entries.

Was going to turn off scanning .......
I tried all day to add my drives in the GUI of the clover configuration. I cant get them to show up to save my life. I tried every UUID for my disk I could find, all partions. Theres two that show up when you do diskutil info disk0s1 ect ..... 

Then pressed F2 at clover and got the pciroot from the log. Have no clue what Im really doing but i'm not a noob. Ive never used clover until now. I read every guide I could find including the clover wiki.

Any thoughts ???

if I put my old four drives back in, it will boot ? WTF ?

Hello every one,

I had an old software raid set on 4 drives (strip) back from 10.6 and used it 100% till 10.8 then went to 10.10.2 and it still worked. This raid is not where the booting is taking place, data drive only. Have SSD for the OS.  So all 4 drives are in a strip for data drive. 

So I just got 4 more drives to replace my old ones and created the same thing. Clover is hanging at scanning entries.

Was going to turn off scanning .......

I tried all day to add my drives in the GUI of the clover configuration. I cant get them to show up to save my life. I tried every UUID for my disk I could find, all partions. Theres two that show up when you do diskutil info disk0s1 ect ..... 

Then pressed F2 at clover and got the pciroot from the log. Have no clue what Im really doing but i'm not a noob. Ive never used clover until now. I read every guide I could find including the clover wiki.

Any thoughts ???

if I put my old four drives back in, it will boot ? WTF ?

It was one of the disk locking it up. Slipped through my diagnostic when I unplugged them one by one. So again I unplugged power cable / SATA Cable from the first drive and booted, clover hangs. Repeated and found the 3rd drive was locking it up.  After that drive was removed, it booted find, clover did not hang. 

So Plugged each one in, one at a time(rebooted each time); Partition them to GUID, then Formatted to OS X Extended (Journarld)

Replaced the bad drive, re created the raid and wala ! Strip raid up and running. Rebooted to test and clover is working just fine.

Will have to test the disk later and see whats going on with it. 

Thanks ! 
  • Like 1